Let Me

It was a long day. Three flights, two state switches, eight bodies, and no unsub in custody. Though the team was really close to finding him. You were in the car on the way back to the area precinct after talking with one of the victim's parents and you were sitting next to Reid. Being the newest member of six months you knew him well enough. But you weren't sure if you were close enough to ask him what had his face all scrunched up in worry.

He was looking out the window, his chin resting on his fist as his arm propped up on the inner edge of the window. His posture seemed guarded yet tired like he was holding something back that was clearly bothering him. You noticed him get like this ever since the current case the BAU took on was explained.

You tried not to let it bother you but you just hated seeing him practically sulk around. You had grown a bit attached to him, the both of you being seen as the youngsters of the group. So you made it your personal mission to make sure he was alright, despite you not knowing what it was that was bothering him. But to be honest you had no idea how to do that.

You knew not to ask him loads of questions. The rest of the crew was already doing that, thankfully attesting to your notion that he wasn't feeling himself, but he wasn't too happy with all the nagging. So you decided to wait until you were alone with him.

After a few hours at the precinct and going over more facts, you found yourself sitting next to him, his ankle balancing on his other knee, his face pinched in concentration as he chewed on the end of a pen. He had no stopped looking over the unsub profile since the mmomoent they made it and the guy has an eidetic memory.

You scooted closer in your chair, setting aside the file on the third victim. "Hey, Reid?"

He didn't look up, his teeth molding the pen lid.

You tried again. "Reid."

He hummed a response but didn't look up from the paper. You rolled your eyes and gently reached for it, pulling it away and drawing his eyes up to you. You smiled.

"There you are. You seem to be a bit out of it, you doing alright?"

He blinked a few times then nodded, clearing his throat as he sat up in his chair. "Yeah, yeah, no I'm fine. How are you?"

You shook your head kindly. "I'm alright. Tired like the rest of us all are, but ready to get this guy."

Reid's eyes clouded and he nodded absentmindedly as you literally watched him receded back into himself. You reached over, placing a hand on his.

"Spencer?"

His eyes refocused at your touch and his name but before he could answer there was a huge commotion going on. Luke and Emily were dragging a man surrounded by other officers, their clothes all muddied up. Rossi came over, nodding to the new arrival.

"We got him."

Like lightning Spencer stood up and all but ran to the interrogation room, his hand now holding yours. You stumbled along as you held on for dear life.

"Spencer, what's going on?"

He pulled you into the joint observation room on the other side of the two-way mirror. You reached down with your free hand and covered his hand that already held yours. You stayed quiet as you felt his breath quicken and his hand tighten around yours.

The unsub sat unmoving as Luke stalked around him, asking him a bunch of questions to which he didn't answer. He was balding, large, and looked like he hadn't bathed in days. He had a tick in his arm causing it to twitch every couple seconds.