Ill-advised

Ok Wattpad, if you could stop being a butt everytime I want to publish this, that would be great...

You push the stop button in your elevator, leaning a hand on one of the rails as it came to a standstill. You closed your eyes and let out a shaky breath. Your head was pounding and you wanted to be sure to have yourself calm and collected before you delved into the next case Hotch so rudely woke you up for. 

Taking one last fortifying breath, you pushed the elevator to go, the doors opening soon after. JJ and Emily were coming out of the other one, meeting you in the hall. 

"Hey girl, how are you feeling?" JJ asked, her belly swollen with her third child. 

You shook your head, resting a kind hand on her shoulder. "You shouldn't be asking me that, I should be asking you. Are you sure you want to be here?"

JJ laughed as Emily opened the door to the BAU bull pin, answering for her pregnant friend. "She took down a dognapper last night so I'd say she is."

Your eyes widened only to close them when a sneeze came on, our head turning away from the expecting mother. You shook your head and sniffed, smiling. "Wow, JJ, I'm honestly not surprised. You have a dog now?"

JJ shook her head. "No, it was our neighbor's. And it wasn't really a dognapping," she waved her hand at Emily who rolled her eyes, "some dumb teen friends of the son wanted to mess with him by taking the dog. I'm not sure what is more embarrassing, flattening the leader of the pack or having the title of the "neighborhood dog watcher"."

All three of you laughed, but you had to stop short, your chest getting tight causing you to cough rather violently. You swayed on your feet from the force of your lungs trying to kill you no doubt. Emily reached out, holding you steady as JJ rushed, more like shuffled to get you a glass of water. The clicking of heals entering the room was loud enough for you to hear over your coughing, letting you know that another one joined your audience. 

"My God, I have heard lawn mowers sound better than you," Penelope chorused

"Great. We have a pregnant ninja and  the walking plague."

You were mistaken. Two new audience members. You took a sip of water, nodding to JJ in thanks. Once you got your throat cleared you looked through slightly watered eyes at Penelope and Rossi, their faces pinched in identical worry. You raised your glass and smiled weakly. 

"Come greet me at your own risk," your voice sounded horse already. 

Penelope lifted her hands, crossing her first fingers into a cross. Rossi chuckled, nodding.

"Noted. Do I need to tell Hotch you'll be out of this one?"

You downed the rest of the glass, handing it to Emily as you nodded to JJ, not taking your eyes off Rossi. "I can't let this one get all the glory at the same time building a human, while I just have a silly cold."

Rossi shrugged as he headed for the conference room. "That's one reason, I suppose."

Emily nodded. "I think it's reason number two, a specific boy being reason number one."

Penelope gave you a knowing look, but before you could say anything,  the glass doors opened and Morgan stepped through. He looked right at you as he spoke. 

"Spencer will meet us on the jet." Then he looked at the others, ignoring our glare, not at all liking the fact you were being attacked for wanting to stay and do your job. "Boy Genious and I ran into Hotch on the way here and he had me come up and get the rest of you. We are needed ASAP. Big Mama, Hotch await's your beautiful face."