May I (pt2)

It took me rewriting this three times to get it right. I hope you all like it ;) thanks for being patient. haha. But also a big thank you for reading my stuff and for the amazing comments and kind words each of you leave for me. Thank you so so much.

Spencer leaned against the doorway of your hospital room, your sleeping form resting soundly for probably the first time in a long long time. That alone made Spencer seeth, not to mention seeing you in pain; not when your arm was put back in place, but when you saw the other girls. You let him hold you and stroke your hair. But soon enough you needed to be seen to and finally rest.

Rossi came over, his face pinched in grandfatherly worry. "Have you gotten anything to eat since you go here?"

Spencer blinked and took a deep breath before looking at the older man. "Uh, no. I'm not really hungry."

"And I'm Russian, not Italian."

"Wait, really?"

Rossi let out a huff of a laugh through his nose, shaking his head. "I thought we were saying things that weren't true."

At that moment Spencer's stomach growled, making Rossi smile widen. He reached up and clapped Spencer on the shoulder, his head nodding in the direction of a small lounge area. JJ, Emily, and Hotch were already in there snacking on some delivery food Luke had brought over.

"Go on, kid. She's not going anywhere."

Spencer gave you one last lingering gaze before he nodded and joined Rossi and the others to eat some food. But all while he was eating he couldn't get you out of his mind. The look of pure determination and fear in your eyes as you spoke to the team about finding your friends. And how you sagged on him when you both arrived at the hospital, seeing your friends in the state they were in. Spencer didn't want you to see them until you and the other girls had gotten some rest first but you were insistent.

Becky was terribly ill, and her mental instability wasn't helping. She would need severe psychiatric help to stabilize her to one day have a "normal" life again. Her family had yet to give up, even after three years. But they may not get back the Becky they lost. However once cleared by doctors she could have visitors. Then hopefully, if all went well, she could go home.

One of the sick girls, age nineteen, was named Natasha. She had been taken from her home while setting up a basketball hoop for her younger brother eight months ago. Her brother blames himself for her kidnapping, saying how he made up a reason not to help her with is own hoop. Once she was well again and the unsub was caught, she could go back home.

The third girl, age seventeen, was named Eliza. She was on her way home from a late night study group and was picked up by a falsely indicated Lift driver, saying one of her friends had ordered him to get her and take her home. That was eleven months ago. She was pronounced dead by her family and friends, having lost all hope. She will stay that way until the unsub was caught and her family could be notified carefully. Then, once she was better, she, too, could go home.

Looking to you, Spencer wondered if you had a home to go back to. If your family was eagerly awaiting your arrival home.

Spencer was the only one you allowed to be close by while the doctors checked you over and replaced your shoulder back into your socket. You didn't cry out once, though it was clear your eyes glazed over with pain. For yourself or the other girls, Spencer wasn't sure. Though it was most likely both.

You not once mentioned the deaf girl except to the officers in charge of following the case. Then you became quiet, receding into yourself until you fell asleep. But Spencer didn't leave your side, his worry over you very evident. He understood the level of fear you were feeling, though he had not gone through the exact thing you had. Therefore, he took advantage of your trust in him to be there for you when he didn't have someone there for him. No one was able to comfort him with understanding when he was going through his traumatic experiences.