Great Minds

Sorry for the late post! I am all moved in and ready to go! My uploading should be on schedule for the time being haha

DeanForesterswyfe-Here you go! Thank you for your idea!

 You laughed and smiled at something your boyfriend said as you hung on his arm while the two of you walked down a hotel hallway. The BAU was finishing up a case and had given you and Spencer time off to rest since the two of you had been up for almost two days working the case and staking out the latest victims family in case the killer returned. But thanks to Luke and Rossi, the criminal was apprehended and placed in the county police station for questioning, leaving the rest of the crew to rest and relax for a few hours.

But Spencer was far from relaxed at the moment. As he joked around with you, loving the sound of your laughter in the tight halls, he was busy planning. You two have been dating for almost a whole year and he couldn't be happier. He knew the first day he met you that you were going to be something special to him.

At the time, you were just a simple paper pusher at the BAU and he could tell you were hating it. But it took experience and a lot of patience to become a field agent. You were willing to do whatever it took to be out in the working field. And that included offering yourself up as a hostage when the BAU experienced a large attack. Spencer had always admired you, but that day he knew he loved you considering the immense amount of fear he felt and the large urge he had to punch every one of the masked men seeing you get dragged away.

Obviously, everything worked out and you were reprimanded harshly. The next week you were given a simple field case and within the month you were assigned with the core BAU as a tactical officer and negotiator. It didn't take you very long to become a part of the BAU field force family.

Except with Spencer. He made it a point to make sure you knew he saw you as little more than 'family'. And you welcomed it with shy smiles and lingering looks. It was only a matter of time until you were sanctioned as boyfriend and girlfriend. Of course, Penelope encouraged it and Luke pretended to be jealous to keep Spencer on his toes. Rossi teased mercilessly while JJ and Emily played your big sisters.

A month later Spencer asked you out and you said yes. That was the happiest day of his life.

Looking down at you, Spencer smiled, feeling the lump in his pocket.

Well, soon to be the second happiest day of his life. Depending on your answer of course.

You looked up at Spencer's sweet face and smiled wide. "So, what do you have planned for your day off?"

Spencer stopped the both of you at his hotel door, leaning against it as he fished for his key card. "I was about to ask you the same thing. I hear they just caught a killer around here. It would be unwise for you to be alone."