Part 2

"MUMMY????"I gripped my fist in anger.
"ohh tere bacche bhi hai!! "(You have kids too?)
I showed my teeth as I brushed them with colgate.
"nahi hai par honge toh sahi "(Not yet but will have some in the future) he too showed his teeth.
my anger got over me and I pulled a tight slap on his cheek.
"Bhoomi..."neha called out.

I rushed to the door and warned him before leaving
"sidhe sidhe chale jao vrna aaj thapad pada hai kal mukka padega parso kick..."(Get out of here without any hustle or else Today I just slapped you, tomorrow it will be a punch and the day after that I Will kick you..)

I went outside n neha reached there and gosh!! she saw me coming out of washroom. I ran to my room and sat on the bed.
Neha followed me there too.
"yaar mere samne toh bada bholi ban rahi thi par mere jaate hi bathroom me bang bang "(girl..you play dumb in front of me but in my absence ..bang bang in the bathroom)
she said in a typical 'saali'(sister in law of groom)tone
"chup kr esa kuch nahi h bs uska shirt saaf krne me madad kr rhi thi "(Shut up,it was nothing as you thought.I was just helping him clean his shirt)
I tried to reason
"parr..."(But..) Neha was intertupted as mom entered.
"Bhoomi ladka kesa lga beta?? "(Bhoomi did you like the boy?)she sat beside me.
"aree aunty usse kya puch rhi hai mjhse pucho!!"(Aunty..why are you asking her..Ask me)
she chirped as she dragged mom from the bed and whispered something in her ear.
I had no idea what she was murmering but my mom's puzzled face changed to a smile as she finished.
mom kissed my forehead and laughing like a lunatic rushed out.
I poked Neha's bulging belly with my elbow, "kya bola tune?? "(What did you tell her?)
I asked her.
"bolna kya hai? Rajiv ke galo par jo lipstik thi wahi sb kuch bol rahi thi! " (There was nothing to say. The lipstick mark on Rajiv's cheek was speaking everything) she raised her eyebrow.
"tu kya bakwas kr rhi h?? "(What rubbish are you speaking) I asked her.
"mene dekha jb bathroom se bahar aaya toh rajiv ka gaal laal tha..tune usko kiss..."(when I Rajiv coming out of the Bathroom,his cheek was red..you kissed him..) I shut her mouth as I raised my fist to punch her face.
I wish I could punch her but her melodrama starts again"paap lgega chudail mjhe maregi toh mera pati,mere do chote chote bacche..."(You will be sinned..you witch..if you hit me then what will happen to my husband and my two kids..)
"haan haan tere bache tera pati...nhi maarti chup kr meri maa"(yes..yes..your husband..your kids..I am not going to hit you..shut your mouth, will you?)
I folded my hands to shut her.
"Bhoomi Bhoomi....."mom calls ou
t and enters again with papa.
By the way,forgot to tell you, I have papaphobia!! I'm scared of my papa since childhood.
that's why whenever I get stubborn mom uses her weaponic dialogue,"karti hai ya papa ko bulau?"(will you do it or shall I call your father?) and I give up!! that's why I wore the princess frock she gave me on my 10th bday while I hated it!!!
And today this saree and jewellery!! anyways .....
"Bhoomi beta mubarak ho tera rishta pakka ho gya hai aur woh log abhi tera roka krna chahte hai "(Bhoomi dear..congratulations..your marriage is fixed and they want to do Roka {Engagement ritual} now)
mom spoke in one breath.
I sunk into the bed.my head swirled as if in a washing machine. the smiling faces of my parents n neha turned into monstrous smiles who want to eat my flesh!!
god!!!!!I really never dreamt of prince charming coming on white horse or true love craps for my marriage but the reality is worse than my worst nightmare I'm going to marry Rajiv malhotra the person whom I hate the most!!!