Part 56

Days rolled by....To everyone else, we appeared as a normal happy couple, but in reality, the distances between us grew more and more wide and we drifted more and more apart.He didn't exchange a single word with me for days sometimes.I knew we both needed each other but my suspicions kept us away.One fine morning, we had a fight again, he got more easily these days and again, he went to office without breakfast.I was getting ready to go to college when saasumaa knocked the door."Aayiye na... maa.." I had grown fond of my new family these days."Beta... I need to talk to you..." she smiled while I continued packing my bag."boliye na..." I nodded still not looking at her."Beta ... we are thinking to shift to our house..." I was shocked."our house?? maa... ye bhi toh aapka ghar hai.." I asked knotting my brows."Beta... ye hamara ghar hai par Lucknow me hamara pustaini ghar hai... hum yaha isliye ruke the ki tum aur Rajiv acche se settle ho jao.." She caressed my cheek, my eyes were filling up."par mummy ji mein manage kese karungi ... aapke bina..." I was about to cry, when she hugged me.This woman over here, had so many shades, at first she seemed a irritating, annoying mother-in-law, a mother who spoils her child with her love but eventually I came to know she was just like mumma kiki emoticon that's why I seldom missed mumma in this whole new world. But now she had to go away too ... I cried like a baby in her arms and she consoled me like a mother.After a week, I bid adieu to my whole family, maa, papa (Ramya had already left for her hostel)After they went, I was all alone in that house as my husband had forgotten that I existed.****************************After two days, in the evening, I was in the kitchen, instructing our cook about the dinner .. when I heard the door bell.I went to the door to open it.I opened it and I saw Shreya standing outside with Aashi.