Epilogue #1

"Mumma.. Mein khelne jau?" Aashi flashed her cutest smile at me and I nodded.
"Nahi.. Aashi mere saath jayegi.." Arnav pulled Aashi by her arm. "Nahi.. Woh mere saath jayegi.." Aarav pushed him. "Ruko... Yeh kya kar rahe ho?" Neha interfered in between and Aashi clung to me. "Dekho na.. Mumma Bhai meri girlfriend ko leke jaa raha hai?" Aarav said in his most innocent tone. My eyes widened as I heard the term 'girlfriend' they are hardly 4 and these kids want a girlfriend. "Mumma meko bhi girlfriend chahiye na.." Arnav cried. "Accha.. Chup karo hum Aashi se puchte hai Woh kiski girlfriend banegi OK?" Neha suggested . "Neha.." She cut me off in the middle. "Aashi ... Beta aapko kaun accha lagta hai? Aarav ya Arnav?" She asked Aashi who was smiling cutely with her chubby cheeks. "Aarav" Aashi blushed and held Aarav's hand. They both went outside with their toys. "Mumma.. Mujhe bhi girlfriend chahiye... Uhu.. Uhu..." Arnav started to cry. "Koi na.. Beta.. Koi na.. Aapki Bhoomi maasi hai na.. Aapke liye sabse achi aur sundar girlfriend layegi.." She caressed his cheek. "Sachi??" He looked at me and I was standing there.. Wondering what's happening? "Muchi.." Neha kissed his forehead to which he beamed with happiness. As Arnav went outside to play, I slapped Neha's head. "Oucchh.. Chudail kahin ki.. Yaad hai na ki mere do.. Do.." Before she could start I completed her dialogue "do..do.. Bacche hai.. Yaad hai mujhe.. Par tu kar kya rahi hai?" I asked. "Are.. Dosti ko risteydaari me badal rahi hu.." She winked. "Shut up.. Woh bacche hai yaar.." I frowned. "Haan toh kitte cute toh hai na.. Ab bol mere Arnav ki gf kab laa rahi hai tu??" She pulled my cheeks and I made an annoyed face. "Sunn dahej mein pura lungi haa..." She teased me again. "Mein jaa rahi hu.. Aashi ko ghar pe drop kar dena ." I shouted as I ran outside her house. I need to go for a special date.. Its my first marriage anniversary after all.. My poor husband would be waiting for me since last two hours.. He always arrives two hours earlier on our dates.. He loves to wait for me. I blushed crimson thinking of him and arrived at the restaurant. "You look beautiful" he kissed my forehead as soon as I reach our table. We talked for a while, had our regular dose of stupid fight and finally cut the cake. As we sat to have dinner... He smiled at me. "You know.. Tumne hamesa mujhse zyada chicken se pyar kia hai.. Still dil pe pathar rakh ke.. Aaj Sara menu.. Chicken kar bana hai..chicken biriyani,chicken tandoori, chicken 65 name it.. You will have it.." "Pretty impressive.." I smiled back. The waiter served both of us.. Chicken tikka as starter and left. "Shall we begin?" Rajiv smiled. As the smell of the chicken tikka, spread out.. I felt nauseatic... I stood up to go to washroom, when Rajiv held me asking what's wrong and I threw up on the floor. "Are you OK??" He asked worriedly. I threw up again, after a couple of more vomits , everything became dark and I fell into Rajiv's arms. ************************************************************" **Rajiv's POV** She fainted in my arms and all the people in the restaurant were staring at us. This was not the first time I got into such situation. I paid the bill and for the cleaning too. Then rushed to hospital with Bhoomi in my arms. I was tensed.. What would have happened? Why did she faint? Was she alright? A lady doctor checked Bhoomi and gave an injection to her. "I will have to conduct some tests.. To know what exactly happened to her.." Dr.madhu smiled. How could she smile?when my wife was unconscious.. I so wished to kill her. I waited near Bhoomi for a couple of hours and she gained consciousness. I hugged her immediately, "I was so worried" I almost cried. "I'm not gonna die so soon" she chuckled. "Hello Mrs.Malhotra... How are you feeling now? I'm back with your reports.." Dr.Madhu smiled again. "Is she alright Doctor?" I asked as fear engulfed me. "Yes and No.." She replied. "What do you mean doctor?" I was ready to throw a chair on her face. "Calm down.. Mr.malhotra.. It's just that your wife is pregnant.." She smiled. "Oh god.. Please do something doctor.. I can't lose her .. Please" I began to cry and realised what she said. "Wait.. What?" I asked pausing my crying for a second. "Your wife is pregnant.." I heard it right.. Am I dreaming? I'm gonna be a father.. Aashi is gonna be a elder sister... I turned to see Bhoomi who was blank. I went to her and held her hand. She immediately sunk into my arms, tears were twinkling in her eyes. "I still can't believe it.." She said. I pinched her and she winced. "Idiot!!" "It's true.. Believe it now.." And we both smiled.. Living the first moment of our upcoming parenthood.