Part 77

**Bhoomi's POV**
Life has changed for better... Now I was happy in my own small world. My husband.. My daughter.. What else .. Do we need? Yes.. We faced a little resistance from both my and Rajiv's family..because of our decision of adopting her. They said.. We both were too immature and young for her responsibility.. We both should become life partners before becoming parents.. Moreover my mom was too much worried... She said "A girl who cannot take care of herself.. Will take care of a extra responsibility of a 3 year old?" I didn't blame her for thinking like that.. After all I never grew up for her.... One thing that kept me strong was.. Rajiv , he supported me and together we convinced our both families in favor of our decision. Life was easy going.. Me and Aashi shared a great bond. Rajiv and I came closer after all that kidnapping incident.. But though we knew .. We both loved each other. There was a strange awkwardness between us.. The only physical contact or expression of love between us was a mere hug!!! Or holding hands (remember the 70s Bollywood movies) . We both didn't had courage to take our relationship to the next level. After a whole month of stupid failed hinting... I gave up and left everything on time. May be with time.. Our relationship will reach its destination. It was a normal Friday..when Neha and Anjali dropped by. Neha's kids Aarav and Arnav have become good friends with Aashi. The kids went outside in the lawn to play, while I went to the kitchen to make something for the kids. I was cutting fruits to make fruit salad when Neha and Anjali entered the kitchen. "Kya baat hai... Aaj kal koi bahut glow kar raha hai" Neha tried to tease me. "Sacchi? Sayed fairness cream ka effect hoga.." I made her frown. "Oh come on yaar Bhoomi... Ab humse kya chupana.." Anjali pleaded childishly. "Mein kya chupaungi?" I couldn't get what they were asking. "Bas kar huh... Bahut ho gaya.. Abhi tu batayegi nahi toh humari dosti khatam" Neha pouted in her drama queen style. "Are puchegi toh bataungi na.. Kutti.." I was getting annoyed already.
"Chod Neha.. Yeh hints iske palle nahi padne wale.. Tujhe pata haina.. Inn mamlo me kitni dumb hai humari Bhoomi.." Anjali placed her arm around Neha. "Accha thik hai.. Direct puchte hai.. Bhoomi tere promotion ka kya hua?" Neha asked. "Promotion? Promotion toh 5 saal baad milti hai.. Mujhe join kite Bas 2 hi saal huye hai..haan .. Meine recently chem fest organise kiya tha.." I was cut off in the middle of my talk by Neha.
"Offo! Kya karu mein tera .... Abbe mein tujhse yeh puch rahi thi.. Ki bacche ke baare me kuch socha hai?" Neha asked rather cried... "Haan haan yaar.. Agle hi mahine mein Aashi ko kindergarten me dalnewali hu.." I replied. "Hey bhagwan.. Uthaale mujhe... Iske dimaag me sada hua gobar bhara hai..." Neha cried yanking her hair. "Calm down.." Anjali tapped her shoulders. "Bhoomi... Yeh tumhare Aur Rajiv ke honewale baccho ki baat kar rahi hai.." Anjali explained. "Aashi hai na..." "Abb.. Gobar dimaag ... Mein tera khoon kar dungi .. Aashi.. Aashi.. Pata hai.. Aashi hai.. Par bichari ko chote bhai Behan bhi toh chahiye honge na.." Neha gritted her teeth... Controlling her anger. I felt shy ...." Woh ab tak.. Humare bich ESA relation nahi hua.." I confessed. "What??" Both Neha and Anjali cried in unison.
"Are you out of your mind??" Anjali yelled at me as if I have done some crime.
"Calm down.. Mene bola tha na.. Iske sir me gobar bhara hai Woh bhi sada hua.." Neha held Anjali now as she was more angry than Neha. "Correction... Sade huye gobar ko khaad kehte hai.. Natural manure or fertilizer.." I tried to light up their moods but my plan backfired.. Both of them became furious.. "Bhooomi......" They shouted in rage ... Making me almost deaf. "Tu chal humare saath... " Both of them dragged me out of the house. "Par kahan?" I asked but in vain.. Neha pushed me inside the car.. While Anjali went to instruct.. Kamla kaaki , our maid, to take care of the kids. Anjali took to the driver's seat while Neha sat next to me... Staring me like a hungry tigeress. The car accelerated and I dared not to open my mouth... Neha would have literally eaten me up. The car halted near a cloth store. "Hum yahan kyu aaye hai?" I asked hesitantly. "Bhul gayi? 3 din baad iski marriage anniversary hai.. Ussi ki shopping karne aaye hai.." Anjali explained.. And I recalled Neha's constant reminders about her Anniversary. "Sunn.. Tere liye kapde hum chunenge.. Aur mein guarantee deti hu.. Jiju hi pehla step lenge..." Neha winked. I blushed lightly.. But both of my crazy friends dragged me inside the store. They made me try every damn out fit in the store... From short dresses to party gowns.. Shalwar suits to lehengas..sarees.. Literally every damn outfit. The situation became comical when the other customers mistook me as a model and started to ask price of the outfit I was wearing. Finally, they chose a pink saree which was net like and almost see through... With heavy golden border ... I was hesitant to wear it but Neha kept on insisting.. So I took a full sleeve matching blouse but still Neha interfered and picked a backless one with full sleeves. Then we went for jewelry shopping... Fortunately they chose a light necklace for me matching with my saree. In the evening, before dropping me home.. Neha asked me to reach her house in the morning of the party day... So that I could help her in her preparations. I went home .. Made Aashi eat her dinner and tucked her in bed. Rajiv came home and I served him dinner. I sat beside him while he had his food. I was not looking at him. Suddenly, he brushed a strang of my messed up hair behind my ear. My heart skipped a beat and my hand on the dinner table automatically gripped the napkin near by. I closed my eyes expecting him to do something but to my surprise.. He left me. I looked up to his direction. He was completely focused on his plate. "Don't worry I won't take a single step until you are comfortable.." He said sensing my confused gaze. Oh heck!! So he was thinking.. I'm not ready to surrender myself to him and I was dying to know why he was not taking the step. Neha... Help me.