Part 5

The sun was setting announcing the arrival of night.I wanted to enjoy the scenery but that guy's book blocked my view.
"Apni book thoda hatao!!I want to look out of the window"(Move your book.) I asked.
"yaha koi sight seeing chal rhi h kya?? now shut up and don't disturb me"(There is no sightseeing going on here..)he snapped
"tumhari teacher ne nursery me tumhe 'good manners' nahi sikhaya kya?"(Didn't your teacher in nursery teach you good maaners?")I said in irritatation.
"kyu??tum teacher ho kya??"(Why?Are you a teacher?)he widened his eyes.
"agar hoti toh...."(If I was one..then) I was about to answer but he interrupted "hoti toh mein bolta ghar jaa kar apne pote potiyo ko padhao!! daadimaa!!!"(If you were a teacher,then I would have asked you to go home and teach your grandchildren. Granny!!)
he taunted.
"you.."I pointed a finger towards him.
"are very handsome,smart...
etc!! I know! par kaash mein tumhare baare me yehi bol paata.."(But I can't say the same about you)
he made sympathetic face irritating me even more!!
"teri toh....."(you..)I raised my fist to punch him
"Bhoomi...."Anjali holds me back
"kya??maarogi??"(what?Are you going to hit me?)he raised his eyebrow.
"tumhari bas ki nahi h!! apne aapko dekho!! naa jaan hai naa jahan h!! chal phir leti ho wahi bahot h..maar peet toh.."(It's not in your ability to hit me.Look at yourself, you don't even have life in your body..you can move that's a miracle itself)
he made again a sorry face.
"tu.."I frowned
"sorry Bhoomi ji.. Rajiv ki taraf se mein sorry kehta hu!!aap meri seat apni seat se badal sakti ho agr aapko aitraaz na ho toh ...."(Sorry Ms.Bhoomi , I want to apologise on behalf of my friend.you can exchange my seat with yours..if you don't mind)Somya, Rajiv's friend spoke. He was a cute fellow and seemed to be a good guy, so I happily exchanged seats with him.
At night,the bus stopped at a dhaba(Roadside small restaurants)!! And yes since I didn't eat anything all day,as I woke up late didn't had time to have breakfast. And lots of my energy and patience was wasted on that jerk Rajiv!! so all in all, my stomach was growling with hunger.
Anjali was asleep!! and so did most of the passengers!! I look at my watch 1 am, it read!!
I got down the bus!! the driver and conductor were missing!! may be they went to have food I thought!!
'grrrrrr..."my stomach groaned again!!
"ok ok I know I'm gonna feed u alright!!"I patted my tummy.
I picked up my bag since I had my money in it and started walking in the dhabba as I was in hurry!! my hunger was unbearable!! I could eat the whole dhaba at that instant!!
"bhaiya paanch chapati aur daal sabzi la do!! "(Get me 5 chappati and daal vegetables)I ordered the dhabewala,he gave me a top to bottom stare and went.
My order came and ate like a janam janam ka bhookha(as if never ate in my entire life).
I had my full and sat down to rest. since I had food upto my neck. I felt like a 10 months pregnant lady with heavy stomach .
I went to pay the bill when I bumped into someone, he tripped and fell on the ground while I managed to stand.
"hey!!!"a familiar voice grunted.
"I m sorry"I stretched my hand to help him but as he lifted his face I pulled my hand back.why the hell would I help that jerk Rajeev.He deserves to be tripped and fall into hell fire.
"tum.....tumne yeh jaan bujhkar kiya!!idiot kahinki!!"(You..you did this on purpose..idiot) he frowned
"kash ki esa hota.."(I wish that was true)
I made a sorry face taunting him.
"tum jesi ladkiyo ko mein acchi tarah jaanta hu!!tumne mujhse badla lene ke liye ye kiya.."(I know girls like you very well.you did this to get back on me) he blamed me.
I didn't do it intentionally but I loved the irritation of his.
So I said"jab jaante ho toh pucha kyu?tubelight"(If you knew already then why did you ask?dimhead) I smirked.
"tubelight!!tu tubelight tera khaandan tubelight tere padoshi tubelight tera mohalla tubelight.."(Dimhead?? you're dimhead..your family is Dimhead, you're neighbours are Dimhead ,your entire colony is Dimhead)he shouted.
"aaja beta aaja!! abhi Anjali bhi nahi h tujhe bachaane ke liye.."(Come on!Now Anjali is not here to save you from me) I held his collars.
In between all this, we have been avoiding the dhabawala's voice who was calling both of us from last 5 mins or so.
At last he too raised his voice "madamji....sirji...."
we both shouted together "kya hai?? "(What??)
he pointed towards the road
"aapki bus chali gayi..."(your bus is gone)
we both turned to see!! he was right!! the bus is gone!!!!!
I held my head and sank into my knees!! oh god!! what I'm gonna do now.....