Part 52

I didn't realise when I had slept .
A sush noise broke my sleep and I found myself on the bed and Rajiv was packing the bags.
After packing, he handed me a purple colored suit to me and said "go and change, humari bus hai ek ghante me.."
I was gawking at him.. but he didn't spare a glance at me.
when he turned towards the door to go, I asked him
"hum kahan jaa rahe hai?"
He stopped but didn't turn to face me "Rista bhale hi tut raha ho... tumhari mumma ki mannat toh puri karni padegi.."
"jab rista tut raha hai toh kis baat ki prarthana karne jaaye?" I asked when my eyes beamed with fresh moisture again.
"apne aanewali life ke baare me dua karna... jisme mein nahi rahunga..." he snapped and went out.
I wiped my tears and said to myself
"may be ... this is our destiny..."
I went to change and soon we arrived at the bus stop.
The bus arrived but it was overloaded with people.
Rajiv and me requested the conductor to adjust seats, if possible.But he refused as the bus had no space even for an ant.
After much pleadings, he asked us to board on the bus's roof.
"ye kya bakwas hai? hum bus ke chat par kese baith sakte hai?" Rajiv scrowled.
"Dekho bhaya... bus ke andar toh cheenti kya hawa ke aane ki jaga na bachi... ab aap logon ko aana hai toh chat hi bacha hai...ke bolte ho?" the conductor asked again.
"thik hai..." I blurted.
Rajiv threw a dead glare at me and clenched his teeth.
I paid for the tickets and went to the back of the bus to climb to the roof.
"Pagal ho gayi ho?iss halat me kese chadhogi upar?" Rajiv yelled.
"oh please.. I can handle myself..." I started to climb the metallic ladder.
Suddenly, my wounded foot pained and I winced, thus leading to imbalance and Dhudoom... I fell not on the ground... but in Rajiv's arms.
"I can see how did you handle yourself.." he mocked me, while I was still in his arms.
"leave me ... mene kaha na.. I can handle myself.." I got down from his arms and started to climb again... this time again I lost balance but he supported me before I fell again and said
"ek aur baar boli 'I can handle myself' toh ek thappad se saare daant tod dunga.." he threatened me showing his palm.
I pouted and with his help, finally got on the bus roof.
we settled ourselves and after 10 mins or so.. the bus started.