Part 47

I witnessed the dreadful scenario and stayed rooted to my position until the truck went.
I ran towards Rajiv's car,tears made way towards my cheeks.
A sudden fear of losing something dearest to me wrapped my mind and soul.
That few minutes,which took me to the car were the most dreadful and traumatic time of my life.My vision was blurring.
I,myself,was hurt.When Rajiv pushed me out of the car,I tumbled on a rock hurting my forehead and elbow.Blood trickled and flowed across my forehead to my cheekbone.My elbow was paining.
But these pains are nothing before the one which I was going through mentally.
I tumbled many times on the rocky road while running,still reached the car somehow with shaky steps.
"Rajiv...Rajiv", I was calling in hoarse voice while crying my heart out.
I hit the door of the car several times,nagged ,tugged,pulled still I was not able to open it.
The window glasses were up so,I was not able to see him,which made me more restless.
I banged the glass with my tiny fists desperately.
"Rajiv.... open the door...... oh god!!what shall I do?" I screamed weeping even more,yanking my own hair.
I banged my fists with all my force on the window glass.It didnot break,instead my bangles broke and pierced my hands.Blood oozed out of my hand painting the window red.
My mind was blocked,I was not able to think.I just wanted to see Rajiv's face with his smirk.
I held my head with frustration.
Then my eyes fell on a a rock near by.
I lifted it with great difficulty with bleeding, shivering hands.I hit the window with the rock and it scattered into many pieces.
I finally saw him,but he was unconsicous and his head was resting on the stirring wheel.
I broke the window of the side where I was sitting.
I put my hand inside the car to unlock the door.A huge piece of glass slitted my nerve during this,my already bleeding hand now became drenched with fresh blood.
I didn't cared about it at all.
I opened the car door and pulled Rajiv out of the car.
I made him lay on the grassy roadside.
I shook him as hard as I could.But he was still.
I put my ear on his chest to sense his heart beat .I didn't hear anything.His heart had stopped beating.
Fresh tears oozed out of my eyes,burning my eyes.
"No........", I screamed hard.
"Rajiv tum aise nahi jaa sakte.... you can't go like this...", I screamed until my voice begin to choke.
I locked the fingers of both my hands making a big fist and started to hit his chest.
I squeezed his abdomen to fill air in his diaphragm.
It was not working....
Tears were not stopping..
My wild sobs made my voice as well as my breath choke.
I was praying to God to spare his life.
At last,I held his nose and blew air in his mouth,locking my lips with his.
I blew some air and pumped his abdomen and again repeated the same.Until My own breath stared to hitch.
"I'm sorry,Rajiv....meine tumhaare sath bahot galat kiya...I'm really sorry.... please comeback...I will not curse you again.. please...I can't live without you...", These words escaped my mouth unwillingly,unconsciously...I didn't even realise what I meant..
Nothing was bothering me at that moment except his still frame in front of me.
I hit his chest one more time in hopelessness,crying like the world had ended for me.
Suddenly,I heard a shrill noise and I saw rajiv coughing.
My joy knew no bounds,I cupped his face and placed my chapped dry lips on his plump and soft ones and sucked them.
My tears drops drenched his cheek and I didn't realise what I was doing at that moment.My heart which was squeezing till then,relaxed as his warm breath entangled with mine.
After a few moments,I regained my senses and parted the kiss.
What did I do?
What happened to me?what was that?
My puzzled mind questioned me but I was myself confused.
I looked at Rajiv's face.
His eyes were closed... he was unconsicous ..thankgod.. he didn't knew what I did!
I sighed in relief and covering the red tint spreading on my cheeks,I smiled.
His forehead had a huge cut and till then,a lot of blood was lost.
I went to the car and came back with the first aid kit.
I dressed his wound,still ignoring my own wounds.
I sprinkled some water on his face and he woke up,opening his eyes slowly.
As soon as he sat up,I didn't know what happened to me.. or what was I thinking ..
I just threw my arms around him and engulfed him in a tight embrace.
"Bhoomi...", I heard his voice.
"I thought I lost you...", I heard myself before I fainted in his arms.
**Pov ends**
Bhoomi became unconscious in Rajiv's arms because of the bleeding.
Rajiv parted her and found her forehead and arms terribly bleeding.Her blood had stained his t-shirt also.
"Oh god... Bhoomi what did you do?",Rajiv mumbled as his forehead wrinkled in worry for his lady love.