Part 6

I stood on my feet and my anger got over me.
"yeh sab teri wajah se hua hai"(All of this happened because of you) I yelled at him.
"oh!! ab yeh sab meri galti!! bhul gyi?? jb se hum mile h kon kispe gira h?? oh yeah....tum giri thi mujhpe...tumne mujhe giraya..tumne jhagda shuru kiya..."(All this is my fault now?Did you forget who kept falling on whom from the very moment we met?yeah.. it was you who fell on me..you made me fall too and you started the fight) he shrieked.
"wait..mein maanti hu ki mene giraya tumhe par..tum koi school jaanewale bacche toh ho nahi ki chup chap na rehkr mere mohalle ko tubelight bolo.."(wait.. I admit I made you fall but you are not a child. Instead of keeping quiet..you called me and my entire family 'tubelight') I snapped back.
"tumhari wajah se hua hai sab kuch...tum na manhus ho...no wait super manhus ho...agar kaali billi bhi tumhara raasta kaatle toh bichari billi ki kismat phut jaaye ..."(This is all your fault.you are a bad omen. No super bad omen. If a black cat crosses your path.. it will get misfortune) he blamed me again.
"yaah isliye tum zinda ho...kyuki tum toh kaali billi se gaye guzre ho.."(yeah..thats why you are still alive cause you're even worst than a black cat) I rolled my eyes
"You.."he was about to howl like a werewolf on a full moon night but thanks to the dhabbewala who came to our rescue.
"madamji...sirji...abhi jhagadne se kuch nahi hoga..aap dono ke ladne se bus toh wapas nhi aayegi na.."(ma'am and sir.. You will get nothing from this fight.. the bus is not coming back no matter how much you fight) he quipped in a concerned tone.
"I think he's got a point.."I said
"yeah...even the dhabbewala's got brains but you..."I didn't let him complete by cupping his mouth
"toh bhaiya ji aap hi batao hum kaise jaaye nainitaal ab??"(Tell us what should we do now?)I asked the dhabbewala.
"madamji iddhar se toh aapko abhi bus milnese rahi...par yaha se kuch 3 km door ek bus adda h..aapko kal shaam ko wahan se bus mil skti h!! "(You will not get any buses from here but 3km from here, there is a bus stop where you can get another bus tomorrow evening)he informed.
"wow!!aur aaj raat hum kahan soye sadak pe??? "(Wow.. and where are we going to sleep tonight? On the street?"rajeev taunted.
"tumhe sona h toh shauq se so jana.."(If you want to you can..with pleasure)I said.
I requested the dabbewala if he could lend me a place to spend the night and gladly he gave us the rest room of his dhabba, his family lived nearby in his house so he left giving the keys to me.
I felt thankful for his trust on us as we were complete strangers to him.
I opened the room and rolled my eyes to scan the room, it was quite tidy. It had a bulb,a cot,a mat and a pillow.The moon light illuminated  the whole room,entering through the window.
I went inside settled down on the cot.
someone knocked the door which I just locked.
"kon hai??"(who is it?)I enquired without opening the door
"main hoon"(It's me)reply came
I knew it was Rajiv still I asked.
"naam batao"(Name please)
"mein hu rajiv!!"(It's me Rajiv)he replied.
"kon rajiv??"(Rajiv who?)I asked
"aree wahi jiski bus tumhari wajah se choot gyi.."(That Person who missed his bus because of you)he yelled.
"kyu aaye ho?"(why are you here)I asked.
"bahar bahut thand h!! mjhe bhi andar sona h"(It's cold outside.I want to sleep in there too)this time his reply made me feel little sorry for him
"pehle sorry bolo"(say sorry first)I ordered.
"sorry"he said and I felt he was really suffering so I opened the door
At once he jumped on the cot
"thank u yaar mjhe lga ki tu chudail h pr tu itti bi buri nhi h "(Thank you.. I thought you were a evil witch but you are not that bad) he smiled cutely.
"niche utro!! tu niche soyega!! kyuki maine ye jagah paayi so I have the first right on the cot.."(come down. You are sleeping on the floor.I got this place that's why I have the first right on the cot) I ordered.
He made a puppy face and followed my orders as he had no other choice.
"aur haan agar tune raat ko koi ulti sidhi harkat ki toh smjhlo jindagi me kisi layak nhi bachoge"(And if you tried any tricks at night .. I'm not going to spare you) I threatened him
"oye mjhe kya aira gaira smjh rakha h kya?? meri taste itti bhi kharab nhi h"(Do you think that I don't have standards? My taste is not that bad) he made a bitter face.
"how funny!!" I gave a fake smile
"abhi chup chap so jaao vrna bahar nikal dungi"(Now shut it and sleep or I'm going to throw you outside)I threatened him.
He laid on the mat spread on the ground and called me "sunno..."(Listen)
I turned "mene kaha tha na ki tum itti bhi buri nahi ho"(I told you that you are not that bad right?)he reminded me
"haan.."(yes)I nodded
"actually mene jhut bola tha!!tu buri ho..."(Actually I lied, you are the worst)  He complained like a kid
"thank you" I lied on the cot soon fell in deep slumber.

,