Part 36

Bhoomi sat in her room when all her friends and cousins rounded up around her."Dikha Dikha..teri mehendi kesi rachi hai..",One of her friends chipped,dragging Bhoomi's palm towards her."Aree waaah!! bada gehra rang chadha hai...",Anjali teased her."Akhir jiju itna pyar jo karte hai isse ",Miya giggled to which Bhoomi narrowed her brows first but the next moment a mischievious smile crept on her lips."pyaar toh bahot hai aur ussi ki wajah se yeh rang chadha hai....",she quoted to everyone was surprised."parr ye tumhare jiju ka nahi mere dosto ka pyar hai..Anjali aur neha ne itni mehnat jo kiya tha iss rang ke liye..." she completed."Tera kuch nahi ho sakta...",Aisha slapped her head and everyone else giggled.*************************************************Rajiv's pov**I was getting ready in my room.I wore my navy blue sherwani and was struggling with the buttons."Ab tak taiyaar nahi hua?? " somya called out."Bas ho hi gaya...",I answered closing the last button.I went out of my room and mom was waiting for me with my Baarat.After all the rituals,I mounted the white horse and started towards the venue,while the army of relatives turned into the army of 'snake'dancers pacman emoticon pacman emoticonEven the oldest -persons danced and I was amused by the scenerio.Finally,we reached the venue and I got down from the horse.My mother-in-law stood there with a 'aarti ki thaali' ,while father-in-law and Bhoomi's uncles welcomed the Baarati's with garlands.Bhoomi's mom did the aarti and caught my nose (although I didn't resist).Then I went inside and I was made to sit on the open air,stage-like mandap.The pandit chanted the mantras,while I was nervous.My palms sweated.Don't know why,I had goosebumps all over.My head started to hammer.Somya noticed my condition and patted my shoulder."Don't be nervous,its gonna be perfect....",he whispered.I gulped a lump and blinked my eyes while sweat drops rolled down from my forehead."wedding jitters...",my mind chipped.After about 30 minutes,the pandit called for the bride.I looked up and found my bride walking towards me.She looked so beautiful,the goddess of beauty blessed her openheartedly,I must say.And I'm the lucky one for her.My eyes shone in happiness while my mouth opened in awe gasp emoticon"muh band karle....makkhi ghus jayegi..",somu pushed my jaw closing it and chuckled.She sat beside me and the ceremony started.I wasnt able to shift my gaze from her,the whole time.But my heart sunk a bit,as she didn't even spare a single gaze to me.'Did she really hate me soo much??''what was the reason for her hatred? 'My mind groaned in unknown pain.The ceremony came to end and the pandit asked me to fill her parting with vermillon and tie the mangalsutra.I did so and finally Miss.Bhoomi mishra became Mrs.Bhoomi Rajiv malhotra.we touched the feet of all elders present there and the blessed us.It was 3am in the morning and everyone went to prepare for bidaai.************************-**********************After the bidaai,Bhoomi and I were sent to my house in my car as my parents already left.I was sitting next to her in the back seat of my car and I stole gazes of her from the corner of my eye.She was crying although she didn't sob loudly.I could see tears rolling down her cheeks while she looked out of the window.I felt hurt. I wanted to wipe those tears from her eyes and promise her that she will never cry thereafter. I wanted to hug her and absorb her sorrow.And a hundred more things,but I was helpless.If I did anything,she would think that I was faking concern.She didn't believe in love.The car stopped in front of my house breaking my trance.