Part 35

The wall clock struck 7pm and our Bride was still in deep slumber.She wouldn't have slept this much on any other day.But that day,she was on fast since morning.As you know,the bride and groom shall not eat anything until the marriage ceremony聽ends.And our poor bhoomi couldnt bear hunger.So she slept to ignore her empty stomach's cries."grrrrrrrr....",her stomach growled again,sending sensations of pain to her brain."Abbe chup bhi karna....mujhe bhi bhook lagi hai par khaana nahi milega shaadi tak...",she hit her growling tummy,waking up from sleep."Bhoomi.....",Anjali entered her room calling her name."kya hai?",Bhoomi made a puker facecolonthree emoticon"kuch khaas nahi...teri shaadi hai 10 baje aur tu .......yukkkk pata nahi konse poultry ki bimaar murgi lag rahi hai...",Anjali squintedsquint emoticon ."Toh kya karu bol??",she frowned ,irritated with hunger and frustration."pehele jaa nahale aur apni mehendi acche se dhona...mujhe uska rang dekhna hai...",Anjali handed her a towel and pushed her into the bathroom."huh....!!ab pata chala shaadi ko barbaadi kyu kehte hai...",Bhoomi groanedand went to have a shower.******************************************After some 30 minutes or so...She came out from the washroom with water dripping from her long hair and towel wrapped around her body.She felt a little weird as she found her three cousins and two friends staring at her with a smile of amusement curved on their lips."kya???confused emoticon ",she asked with a confused expression."kuch nai....",all of them shook their head in unison."weirdos....colonthree emoticon ",she mouthed and went to wear her shaadi ka joda(bridal attire).She came back wearing the lehenga and choli and asked Neha to tie the ropes of her choli.Neha went to her and the first thing she saw was the Mehendi(henna) tattooon her waist.Neha winked and smirked at others signalling them about their success,while she finished fastening the ropes.Anjali and Aisha folded Bhoomi's dupatta and pinned it on her shoulder andtucked it around slim waist.Meanwhile,Preeti commented,"Bhoomi,teko itte lambe dupatte ki kya zaroorat?teri kamar jitni hai na,usko ek rumal se bhi dhak sakti hai...."Everybody laughed while bhoomi frowned."Accha?fir toh teri kamar dhakne ke liye circus ka tent mangwana padega...!!",Bhoomi taunted."chod na yaar!!aaj teri shaadi hai! kam se kam aaj toh chedne de...kyu sadhrahi hai...khusat buddhi ki tarah...",preeti made a puppy face.When done with clothes,they started her hair dotongue emoticonThey blow dried her hair and then tucked it into a fine bun,while leaving some side flicks near her forehead.Then Miya and Anjali,who were the makeup specialists,did her make up.After all this Bhoomi looked like a real bride,even without jewellery she was soo beautiful.But it was her puker face which made her look funny."Abbe itti sadhegi toh chinese buddhi lagegi...thoda hasle...paise nahi lgte uske...",Neha scolded her."oh yeah? mujhe laga ki lagte hai..",Bhoomi snapped in a sarcastic tone.They made her wear all her jewellery,Two heavy necklaces,earrings,baajubandh(Armlets :p),a whole dozen of bangles and two heavy kangans. Aarsi(thumbring),kamarband(waistband),payal(anklets) and lastly maangtika and nath (nosering)."yaar,kis baat ki saza de rahe ho mujhe??ek toh Rajiv se shaadi karna apne aap me ek saza hai,aur subah se bhooka rakha hai aur ab yeh.......yeh kya bana diya mujhe?chalta firta kapado aur gehno ki dukaan!!uff...hey bhagwan uthale mujhe...",Bhoomi said in a melodramatic tone."Bas bas...dramaqueen..abhi ro mat make up kharab ho jayega..",Aisha shrowled."Abhi ruk pura nahi hua hai....",Neha mumbled and rushed to get a gajra(garland) of mogra flowers and tucked it around bhoomi's hair buntongue emoticonAnjali covered Bhoomi's head with the dupatta, giving the finishing touch..."There you go....",Anjali hushed.And Bhoomi stood up to see her full image in the mirror."smile please...smile emoticon ",Neha clicked a picture again."Tu sudhregi nahi na?",Bhoomi clenched her jaw in anger."Bhoomi....beta...",Mrs.Mishra's voice calmed Bhoomi and she turned around to find her mother trying to capture her only daughter's most beautiful form in her eyes.Mrs.Mishra's eyes twinkled with moisture when Bhoomi cupped her face."Kya hua mumma?",Bhoomi asked with concern."kuch nahi bas ek pari ko dekha....",her mother replied."huh?",Bhoomi let out in confusion."pata hai beta...jab tu paida hui thi toh pehli baar mene tere phool se chehre ko dekha...tbse iss din ka intezar kar rahi hu...aur ab jab sachi teri shaadi ho rahi hai toh mujhe yakin nahi ho raha...",she wiped her eyes."Awwww mumma... ",Bhoomi's eyes also got moist."kitni pyaari lag rahi hai meri parikiki emoticon Nazar na lage..",Mrs.Mishra stained her ring finger with the kajal of her eyes and put a black mark on herdaughter's hairline under the ear."Mumma...",bhoomi squinted like a kid."ek minute...yeh kya tune toh bindi hi nahi lagai beta ...",Mrs.Mishra mumbled and put a bindi on bhoomi's forehead."Ab taiyaar ho gayi duniya ki sabse sundar dulhan...",Neha winked to which Mrs.mishra smiled satisfactorily.