Chapter 1

"You're a miracle // I gotta stay with you."

PVRIS – St. Patrick

Part 1 – Can we meet in the middle?

Taehyung: You give me something to think about that's not the shit in my head

Jeongguk: 'Cause you're a glimpse of bliss // A little taste of heaven

***

'Cause you're a glimpse of bliss // A little taste of heaven

Jeon Jeongguk was never one to remember his customers, like ever. Not even if a customer went there wearing a watermelon on the neck and threatened his life with a spoon.

His work as a barista at the campus café was actually just an annoying but much needed job.

He despised coffee and tea and being surrounded by it every night from 6pm until close time - that was nearly midnight on the good days and 2am in the worse days - drove him insane.

But Jeongguk was a freshman who lost his right for living at the campus building for some reasons that he doesn't like to talk about, so he was doomed to pay his own flat near the campus.

He was working there for half a year already. As the café was at the campus the same students went there every night to study and, well, drink coffee.

But Jeongguk wouldn't know they were the same students if his coworker Min Yoongi, a rather odd person who had a frown as his default look, hadn't tried to make him memorize the students and their respective orders.

Yoongi, even as angry and bad humored as he is, captivated the customers by remembering them and always saying their orders before they ordered them.

"It makes the customers feel remembered so they will always come back," Yoongi would say every time Jeongguk said he would never be able to remember anyone.

That's the main reason why Kim Seokjin, the owner of the cafe, says that it's best for Jeongguk to just work on the orders and far away from the cashier.

Jeongguk doesn't really care about that. He despises working at the cashier anyways, so it's better to let Yoongi attend people and pretend he is a lovely human being.

Apart from Seokjin and Yoongi the last person Jeongguk had to deal with at the café is Jung Hoseok.

Hoseok is far too happy and content with life for his own good. He sucks at attending people and he sucks at making the orders so he spends most of the time cleaning the place and oddly loving doing so.

Jeongguk gave up on trying to understand the joy of cleaning far too long ago. As long as he wasn't the one doing that, he was feeling good.

It was a Thursday night, right after Yoongi let Jeongguk at the cashier in order to catch some tea bags on the storage, that someone got into the café and caught Jeongguk's eyes.

He was tall, had an insanely messy but amazing looking brown hair and looked tired as hell. His tired look and frown didn't make him any less gorgeous though.

The guy approached the cashier slowly and frowned even deeper at the menu on the wall.

After contemplating the menu for a good five minutes he finally lost the frown and got in front of Jeongguk to order.

"I want a chocolate frappuccino with a cream base, please." He said giving Jeongguk a small smile.

Jeongguk stared at him for some time before snapping himself out of being impressed by the other's beauty and asked him: "What... what size do you want?"