Chapter 5

'Cause you're a glimpse of bliss // A little taste of heaven

Jeongguk's mom wouldn't be proud of him right in this moment, good thing she was all the way back in Busan now.

Jeongguk grew his entire life listening to the same old things: never accept candy from strangers, never walk alone in the streets at night, it's not acceptable to drink soda at breakfast, - what in Jeongguk's opinion is bullshit - I'm sure you can't fly, Jeongguk, so get down of the dinner table or you'll break it and the most common one, never accept a ride from a stranger.

He can say that he never accepted candy from a stranger and that he indeed can't fly, he had a broken arm to prove it back when he was eleven, but one thing that he can't say now is that he never accepted a ride from a stranger.

To be quite fair here the boy wasn't a completely stranger. Jeongguk saw him twice so they are practically friends right? Okay that is exaggeration but how could Jeongguk say no to that face?

The guy is adorable, the cutest little thing Jeongguk ever saw and Jeongguk had just lost his bus so why not accept the ride? The guy said he is not a serial killer so everything is okay.

So that's why Jeongguk was now sitting in the passenger seat of a not-a-toy-car as the boy said himself.

The boy was struggling to plug his phone on the USB entrance and getting pretty annoyed with it.

"It's okay if we don't listen to music? I can't seem to be able to plug my phone to this stupid car." The boy complained looking defeated.

"Of course it's okay." Jeongguk answered. He didn't mind if the car wasn't playing music, to be honest Jeongguk just wanted to hear that deep and soothing voice the cute guy has.

Jeongguk told the guy how to get to his loft so he began to drive.

"Driving must be cool." Jeongguk said as he saw the guy turning towards the exit of the campus.

"I like it a lot, it took me more than it should to get a license because I couldn't manage to pass page two on that stupid thing you have to read about traffic rules and stuff but once I got it, I fell in love with it." The guy answered.

"My mom said I shouldn't get my license while in university because that would be just a thing that would take me away from my studies." Jeongguk had several arguments with his mother about that, he really wanted to drive but as his mother said: you can't have everything in life just in the way you want.

"That's a shame. I got my license in my first year on Uni and in my case was pretty much the opposite. My dad said I needed to get the license to be able to drive to Uni and to catch my sister at school and stuff." Jeongguk couldn't help but notice how the tone on the guy's voice dropped when he mentioned his family, as if the memory of them hurts him.

The guy's phone vibrated on its support that was attached to the front window. It read: new text from Chim-Chim. At the sight of that the guy sighed happily and smiled at his phone but made no movement to reply back nor read it. Thank God, Jeongguk wasn't in the mood for a car crash this evening.

Who the fuck is named Chim-Chim? Jeongguk thought bitterly even though he knew that must be a nickname.

There's something about Jeongguk that should be a warning label attached to his forehead. He is extremely against getting attached but he does it as easily as he breaths.

It doesn't matter if he knows the person or not. He gets attached to them like crazy as soon as it is physically possible and once he does it he gets really jealous of anything.