Chapter 8

You give me something to think about that's not the shit in my head

Typography class was a bitch.

It's not like Taehyung hates the class with all his strength. No, wait a minute. That's exactly it. Taehyung hates Typography class with all his strength.

He is much more an artist than a typographer. He hates having to understand the names of each part of a letter, he doesn't want to know which ones are the key letters that can help you create an entire other typography just by basing each letter in another one. Taehyung doesn't care for any of this.

Taehyung likes to draw. He likes to look at a blank page and fill it with his emotions.

He has the habit of drawing when he gets overwhelmed. It was like a blank page was the perfect space for him to pour his feelings and thoughts out.

It was calming and refreshing. Like taking a breath of fresh air. That's what a blank paper was to him: a breath of fresh air in the middle of his twisted life full of toxins in the air he breaths.

Taehyung sees everything around him as a toxic. The good and the bad things. All toxic.

Taehyung's family was always the worst toxic thing in his life.

His father was short tempered, his mood could only ever be described as a volcano about to erupt, anything could make it explode and it could happen at the most random times.

His sister was a difficult person. She was always great, kind, odd in a good way but always with her head in the clouds. Taehyung knew her head was on the clouds because the sky above was far more pleasing than the ground she walked on but that made things difficult to her.

She would screw up in a lot of ways, most school related stuff and Taehyung understood why and he wanted to help but he had no way of doing so.

Taehyung's dad would always scold the little girl and leave. He would leave a broken girl to Taehyung to fix.

It was always Taehyung's place to try to pick up the pieces his father broke and put it back together. Most times he couldn't do it though and he hated himself for that.

He knows how life was hard on his sister and no one will ever understand how miserable he feels for not being able to help her.

When bad things would happen to his sister, Taehyung would leave her because sometimes all you want is to be left alone and Taehyung hoped she was like him and would crave for that. He would leave her and he would draw his frustrations away.

His family would intoxicate him and he would feel like shit, so he would draw his feelings out.

In his great moments he would draw marvelous, cheesy and happy things and in his lowest moments he would draw destruction, disgrace and sad things. Lots of death and blood on the paper as a way of rebellion against his own bad feelings.

Sometimes he would try to draw funny things to change the mindset he was in but not always that would help.

Drawing was his escape from the hard reality he has always lived in and that Typography class made his day shittier because it was getting in his way of drawing his feelings away.

Taehyung had a rough morning. His dad called just to complain about how his sister new psychologist yet again gave up on her.

This was like her third or fourth physiologist that didn't work. Taehyung's dad was frustrated and only the heavens above knows why he decided to vent his frustration on his son.

After a talk that lasted about thirty minutes, Taehyung texted his sister advising her to just ignore their father's annoyance once again. The little girl could be difficult but scolding her all the times sure won't help anyone, especially her.