Chapter 18

You give me something to think about that's not the shit in my head

Taehyung was woken up by Jimin violently laughing. He heard the boy whispering something and once he faced him, he was placing his phone on the bedside table.

"Is it morning already?" Taehyung asked, feeling groggy.

Jimin shook his head. "It's midnight and something.... You slept only for an hour."

Just then it hit the boy that he was supposed to tell Jeongguk that he wasn't going to be picking him up today as well. The day before Taehyung went to see his psychologist after a long time and let's just say he had a lot to say, especially after his conversation with Jimin.

His psychologist had told him that he needed to accept his feelings and not deny them, she said a bunch of stuff and by the end of it Taehyung was feeling like he could just walk inside Jeongguk's place and kiss him but then he woke up the morning after feeling like normal and decided to just avoid the boy again.

He was definitely not trying to end his friendship with Jeongguk, he just wanted to see if some distance was going to make this feelings go away.

It wasn't working though, because Taehyung had been avoiding Jeongguk all week and his feelings were still there, in fact after spending all Thursday and Friday without seeing the boy or even hearing his voice Taehyung was feeling so undeniably bad it was driving him insane.

Damn Park Jimin and his I know you are crushing on Jeongguk speech. That really made Taehyung go crazy. He couldn't be sure if he was being too obvious, or that he was going to scare Jeongguk away with his feelings, or whatever else.

He knew right from the beginning that this idea was stupid and that he would just make himself miserable for avoiding the boy and that maybe Jeongguk would even feel bad or mad over it himself, but Taehyung couldn't help himself.

Taehyung looked at Jimin and frowned. "Why were you laughing like that? You woke me up asshole."

"Why everyone is calling me an asshole today?" Jimin pouted.

"Who else did that?" Taehyung asked.

"Yoongi."

Of course. "Well he is your boyfriend and I am your best friend, we kinda have the right to do that often, you know."

"Because of those reasons you two were supposed to not call me that. You were supposed to love me, not insult me." He replied.

Taehyung just beamed. "We are supposed to do both and you know that."

"I disagree."

"Clearly." Taehyung sat up on his bed and checked his phone, no texts, no calls, nothing. Maybe Jeongguk was indeed mad at him for ignoring him. Taehyung shouldn't be surprised but he couldn't help but feel a bit sad that the boy hadn't tried to contact him today.

"To answer your question," Jimin said. "I was talking with Yoongi on the phone and it was a bit of a mess, but to simplify, he, Hoseok and Jeongguk said stuff that made me laugh. I am sorry for waking you up."

Taehyung was perfectly fine until he heard Jeongguk's name, then his emotions started to do a competition of break dance inside of him. He was pretty sure Nervous was wining.

"You talked to Jeongguk?" He tried to sound casual, but failed drastically.

"Yeah..." Jimin said, looking a bit nervous himself. "And I have some questions for you."

Oh shit. Panic just put Nervous to shame on the dance floor, Taehyung though.

"What do you mean with that?" He said.