Chapter 24

Transparent hands were at my neck // Oh but I love the way you let me breathe instead

It was probably the tenth - or possibly the ninetieth seven but no one needs to know that - time that Baby don't like by NCT 127 was playing in Taehyung's earphones.

He had been awake since 8am on that Saturday morning trying to finish this drawing he had to deliver on Monday and that song was quite inspiring.

If he is to be completely honest here, he was definitely in love with the way Taeyong sang "I love it, love it, love it, love it too" for the second time. That boy just had something in his voice that made Taehyung get addicted to it.

Taehyung was supposed to have finished his drawing on the day before but Jeongguk distracted him in several different ways.

He would be lying if he said he didn't like it though. Taehyung loved it, but he was still with one foot back with all this affection for whatever reason.

The boy knew he was being awkward but how could he not feel awkward when Jeongguk would cling by his side whenever he could, holding his hands, resting his head on Taehyung's shoulder, kissing him out of nowhere. The older isn't cardiac but he might as well become if Jeongguk keeps making his heart rush all the time like that.

After Jeongguk started his shift Taehyung had thought he would be able to finish his drawing but nope, the older just couldn't focus on drawing because he kept glancing at the younger every five seconds. It was like his eyes were moving by itself and it was ridiculous how Taehyung felt cold because Jeongguk wasn't tangled by his side anymore.

So Taehyung had just given up completely on trying to finish his work and went to the counter in order to stare at the younger without regrets.

Okay so maybe he got one huge regret out of that decision the morning after when Jimin woke him at 8am telling him he needed to get up in order to finish his drawing.

Jimin was going to the café that morning, as usual, in order to annoy the hell out of his boyfriend and Taehyung was dying to go with him but he made himself promise that he would be seeing Jeongguk only later that day because he needed to finish his work first.

The good part of it all was that Taeyong and his miracle of a voice inspired Taehyung in such a way that the boy finished his drawing half an hour before Jeongguk's lunch time.

The older boy got ready in light speed and drove to the café as fast as he could to try catching the younger before he left for lunch.

Once he arrived at the café Jeongguk was nowhere to be seen, what made no sense whatsoever because there were still fifteen minutes for his lunch break.

But the weirdest thing was that it was not only Jeongguk that wasn't there, no one was there and Taehyung was one hundred percent sure that the café was opened that day.

Jimin went there to see Yoongi and even if Taehyung insisted with Jeongguk that he was going to text the younger once he was free and that Jeongguk shouldn't text him before that otherwise it would distract him, the younger still texted Taehyung once he was going to work to let him know he was at the café. To which Taehyung replied with "morning. work well. stop texting me. it's far too distracting." he was busy okay, didn't meant to be rude.

Oh God, what if Jeongguk thought it was rude and doesn't want to talk to me anymore? He thought as he walked further into the café.

Just when Taehyung was about to leave the place, he heard a sound coming from Seokjin's office. Maybe Jeongguk was there.

He opened the door and faced an annoyed looking Seokjin.

"What are you doing here?" The older man asked.