Chapter 17

'Cause you're a glimpse of bliss // A little taste of heaven

Taehyung was acting weird, well, weirder than usual, since the day he went to the café with Jimin and Yoongi.

Once they left for lunch on Saturday Taehyung would barely look at him and he would talk less as well. He had a lost look on his face and when Jeongguk asked about it, the boy blushed and dismissed the question.

After that Taehyung said he needed to work on his project and that being at the café was distracting so he would go to the library. Jeongguk only heard from him on the following day at night because he texted Taehyung to know if he was okay.

To which the boy replied with a simple "yeah" and that was it.

On Monday Jeongguk began to question if he had done something wrong, but he definitely didn't. He was simply working before Taehyung got all weird, so there was no way he had done something.

When night approached Jeongguk was even asking himself if Taehyung would show up to give him a ride or not. He was relieved to see Taehyung getting inside the café about ten minutes before they closed the place.

But even if he was there as usual, he wasn't being his usual self.

Taehyung simply took a seat at the counter and the only thing he said to Jeongguk was a quick hello. On the drive to Jeongguk's home Taehyung seemed distant and nervous, the younger boy asked if Jimin was out that night but Taehyung said that he had been with Jimin all day and that he was waiting for him at their dorm.

So that meant that Taehyung wasn't nervous for being left alone. Jeongguk tried to ask him if something was up, but the boy simply said no and the conversation ended.

This kept going for the rest of the week and on Thursday Taehyung even texted Jeongguk saying he had an appointment and wouldn't be able to pick him up. It surprised even Jeongguk how he got sad with that.

Going back home in the bus with Yoongi just wasn't the same now. He wanted Taehyung and his not-a-toy-car with his loud songs and deep voice singing along to drive him home. Not that old, smelly, uncomfortable bus.

Friday came along and once the clock hit eleven pm and there was no sight of Taehyung, Jeongguk was close to sitting on the ground and crying. What the hell he had done to the boy to be ignored like that?

Jeongguk was leaning on the wall sadly drying a cup with a cloth when Yoongi walked to him.

"Hey kiddo, you look like crap."

"Thanks, hyung. That really lifts my mood."

Yoongi sighed. "I was meaning to ask what was wrong. I was not insulting you."

"I know. Sorry." Jeongguk finished up drying the cup and placed it on its place.

"So... are you going to tell me or not?" Yoongi asked.

"It's nothing." He lied.

Yoongi simply placed his hand on Jeongguk's shoulder and lightly shook his head. "Talk to me Jeonggukie."

"It's..." He started but he wasn't sure if he really wanted to say it out loud. He felt like an idiot for mopping over such a thing.

The pink haired boy lifted his eyebrows. "It's?"

"Taehyung." Jeongguk simply said.

"Did he do something to you? Cause if he did I'll ask Jimin to-" Yoongi started as if he had just activated big brother mode. Apart from the part he was going to tell Jimin to do... whatever it was.