Chapter 43

I know it's warmer where you are and it's safer by your side // But right now I can't be what you want // Just give it time

Jeongguk just sat there for a while, facing the recent closed door. Feeling too numb to move, to think, to do anything at all.

He had fucked up. Big time.

Dammit why did he even say those things? He should have known better. He knew none of those things were reasonable to say so why did he said it anyways?

Some inner voice inside him was screaming to just shut up, but he ignored it.

He was just so frustrated. Even if Taehyung made him feel better, even if he drank his stress away on the day before, he was still so frustrated and mad.

For whatever reason he felt like a week back home could put him back in his tracks, and he asked his mother if he could bring Taehyung but her answer was something along the lines of I thought it would be a family reunion, but sure you can bring him over.

Why Jeongguk lied to Taehyung? He honestly doesn't know. Maybe because he wanted it to be a family only thing, because he wanted to just be around his family like he used to do. Maybe he was just a bit scared to introduce Taehyung to his family. Maybe both.

Jeongguk wasn't aware of how long it had passed once he finally got up and locked the door. He thinks he was just hoping Taehyung would come back inside if he left it opened.
He walked to his bedroom and his loft never felt so empty, he threw himself under his covers and just stared at his ceiling for a bit.

The look on Taehyung's face after he said those hurtful things was locked inside his mind. Jeongguk couldn't believe he was the one that caused it.

Taehyung looked so pained, so hurt... the younger sighed and rolled around his bed in order to pick his cellphone on the night stand.

He saw he had about seven texts from Yoongi and he somehow knew it had something to do with his boyfriend. Taehyung probably went straight for Jimin after the fight and Yoongi was definitely with Jimin at the time.

From / Yoongi

wtf did u do?

jeon jeongguk why is taehyung crying on my couch?

jimin kicked me out the room.... i cant listen to them

are u not going to reply bitch?

great now they left... i cant even cuddle minnie now

ugh

EARTH TO JEON JEONGGUK PLS REPLY TO ME

The last text had been sent just a minute ago. Jeongguk felt like shit after reading all of it, he is such an asshole.

He took a breath before finally replying to his best friend.

To / Yoongi

sorry hyung, i was kinda out for a while

The reply came almost instantly, Jeongguk didn't know Yoongi could even type that fast.

From / Yoongi

fucking finally kook im so worried. wtf happened

To / Yoongi

i fucked up

From / Yoongi

no shit kid

Jeongguk whined loudly, maybe Yoongi would be able to hear it from upstairs.