Chapter 23

'Cause I think you're a saint and I think you're an angel

The following days were like a dream for Jeongguk, Taehyung loved him back and he was beaming at the sky with that information.

Later on the day the boys declared their feelings to each other, Taehyung invited the younger to have dinner with him and Jimin – because apparently Jimin had insisted with Taehyung that they needed to have dinner together so Taehyung would be able to tell him how everything worked out with him and Jeongguk – and once they arrived at the boys' dorm holding hands not only Jimin but Yoongi as well choked on their snacks and exclaimed a loud "fucking finally".

Taehyung had blushed adorably and Jeongguk just rolled his eyes at the couple sitting on Jimin's bed.

The four of them went out to dinner not much after and Jeongguk and Taehyung were bombarded with questions about what happened. The younger just told them about how Taehyung had told him about everything and that afterwards he confessed his feeling for the other.

Jimin smiled brightly and shook Yoongi's shoulder over and over again while he repeated. "I am so happy for them."

Taehyung had told his best friend to stop overreacting but that just made Jimin squeak and get up to shake Taehyung's shoulder while he repeated. "I am so happy for you." That boy is impossible.

Jeongguk could see how Taehyung was embarrassed at that, the boy can't deal with feelings very well so having them out for everyone to see was definitely driving him a bit insane. The younger boy couldn't even think about being embarrassed because he was far too happy to feel anything else.

It was crazy satisfying how now he could just pick Taehyung's hand and squeeze it out of nowhere and in front of anyone. He liked how now every action of fondness he gave to Taehyung was received with a shy smile from the other, he liked how now Taehyung knew Jeongguk meant so much more with every touch he gave to the older. He liked it all.

Taehyung would still go to the café every day and now every time he got inside he would lock eyes with Jeongguk and blush a bit while he smiled at the younger. Jeongguk would then hold the other's hand when he got close enough and once no one was paying attention to them, Jeongguk would peck Taehyung's lips just because he could.

The younger didn't have much experience with kisses, he never had a boyfriend before and he only kissed two people in his life – one of them being Taehyung – so he was never sure he was doing things right.

Taehyung wasn't much help in this as well because the older had his first kiss with Jeongguk so...

But that didn't really mean anything because they would learn together. It would be a bit messy and odd but that's just how both of them are so it fits them just right.

Jeongguk noticed that Taehyung would never refer to him as his boyfriend and he wasn't sure how he felt about it. Their confession wasn't a light one, they didn't say that they crushed on each other or that they liked each other, they told each other that they loved one another. That was no light confession, that was as deep as it can get and the obvious state for them after that was to be boyfriends.

The younger knew that Taehyung was someone who would try to hide his feelings and someone who didn't believe others liked him, so he knew that he needed to sit the boy down someday and tell him loud and clear that he wanted to be his boyfriend.

But as for now, Jeongguk was happy as things were and he definitely didn't want to scare the older.

Because of that the younger just kept his mouth shut and would simply call Taehyung by his name or nicknames and nothing else. He would be lying if he said he didn't want to call him by petnames – what honestly he cringed at when others said but imagine how nice it would be to call Taehyung by adorably clingy petnames – but he thought that could scare the older so he would contain himself.