Chapter 44

It's cold when we're apart and I hate to feel this die // But you can't give me what I want // Just give it time

"Do you think it was my fault? Do you think we rushed into it? It was far early to say 'I love you' wasn't it? I knew it, I rushed into things and now it came to kick me in the face and-"

Taehyung was, once again, freaking out to Jimin, who didn't even flinched in interrupting him this time.

"Taehyung, shut up."

"But-" Taehyung tried to say, but was interrupted once more.

"No. Stop, please." Jimin sighed. "As I said before, it wasn't your fault Tae! What the hell? Jeongguk was an ass to you, none of it was your fault and you are right to have made things clear to him. You shouldn't have to deal with him doubting your mental health; I am going to kick his face I swear to you-"

It was Taehyung's turn to interrupt his friend. "Jimin, no! You can't fight with him okay?"

"But-" Jimin attempted to say, but Taehyung wasn't having it.

"No buts! I still love him, I'm just mad and frustrated..." The some new thought hit Taehyung's mind. "Oh my God do you think we are through because of this? I don't know how relationships work; I don't want to break up with him!"

"Hey, calm down." Jimin got up from his bed and went to sit next to Taehyung on his. "It's not just one fight that will break you two up, don't worry. If neither of you said something about that, then you are still together."

Taehyung wasn't going to say none of them said anything about it because he had been ignoring all of Jeongguk's texts. "You really think so?"

"I know so." Jimin replied, putting an arm around Taehyung's back. "And Tae, it wasn't your fault okay? And it was not because you guys rushed into it or because it wasn't the right time to say 'I love you's'. What even is the right time? How can you even know that? You don't. You do what feels right and real for you and fuck everything else. If you love each other then why the hell would you wait to express it? Don't overthink this TaeTae."

The younger sighed. "Okay, you're right."

Jimin got up and turned around to smile at his friend. "Of course I am. Now go deliver that letter to the secretary okay?"

Taehyung nodded. He had seen his psychologist that afternoon and after a complete breakdown in which she told him he could use an extra week off, she wrote a letter for college to explain his absence for this week.

He would be going to his grandma without telling his father about it and would probably spend the two weeks off over there, just sulking and crying.

"And Tae," Jimin said before the younger could get out. "Don't feel guilty about going to your grandma's already okay? It is fine for you to need some time alone to think this over, but you need to let Jeongguk know about it okay?"

"Okay. Thanks Jiminie."

"You're welcome." Jimin smiled at him before Taehyung closed the door.

Taehyung went to the secretary to give them a paper from his psychologist then decided to write a letter for Jeongguk. In that way he could say everything he wanted to say and let the younger know he would be away for a bit.

It took him a long time to finally write it in a way that didn't made him feel embarrassed to deliver that to an writing major. It was not all good, but it was the best he could do so that must count for something right?

Taehyung decided to give the letter to Jimin and make his best friend deliver it to Jeongguk on the following day, when Taehyung would already be gone.