Chapter 32

Transparent hands were at my neck // Oh but I love the way you let me breathe instead

After helping Jeongguk that time on the café Taehyung wanted to do so every now and then.

He would go to the café as usual but then after a while, he would just sneak back the counter and stay near his boyfriend, watching the younger prepare the drinks. Eventually Jeongguk would tell the older how to prepare a certain drink and help Taehyung do it.

Then in the end both of them would be preparing the orders for the costumers.

Yoongi couldn't care less about what they were doing as long as someone gave him the order so he could take it to the person who asked for it.

Hoseok loved that for some reason; apparently the guy found Taehyung and Jeongguk really adorable together and liked to see both of them working together.

Jeongguk was the one who loved it most though. He would smile and chat with his boyfriend while doing the drinks, he liked having a bit of help and he absolutely loved having Taehyung near him all the time. The younger would casually hold the other's hand when they didn't have orders to prepare and sneakily kiss him when he thought no one was looking.

The only one not okay with this was Seokjin.

Taehyung thinks that the owner of the place secretly hates him but it's too polite to say it out loud.

But every time Seokjin would come out of his office to check on how things were going and saw that Taehyung was helping Jeongguk out, he would sigh heavily and say one of his three most used phrases these days:

"You know you don't work here right?"

"I am not paying you Taehyung."

"I'm not going to hire you Kim Taehyung."

Then he would just sigh again and go back to his office.

Taehyung didn't really mind any of that, he would be a little bit scared that Seokjin would eventually ban him from there, but as the older would always just sound annoyed and go away, Taehyung figured he was safe.

This Wednesday was no different from the other days.

Taehyung had arrived at the café along with Jeongguk and as soon as the younger started his shift, the older was by his side to help him out.

Yoongi, even if he didn't mind that, kept looking at Taehyung and frowning because apparently he didn't understand why in hell Taehyung was basically working there without getting paid.

Taehyung had thought that he was getting paid with Jeongguk's lovely presence but didn't dare to say that out loud, both because Yoongi would probably make fun of him and because he is too embarrassed to say such things in front of anyone who isn't Jeongguk.

The time passed and after almost five hours, the place finally quieted down.

Seokjin was inside his office, Hoseok was cleaning the storage, Yoongi was inclined on the counter with a tired expression and Jeongguk and Taehyung were leaning their back at the wall while being pressed against each other.

Taehyung was starting to get hungry so he decided to try his luck. "It has passed like five hours since I arrived, where's my free cookie?"

Yoongi snorted. "The only cookie you'll be getting here is Jeonggukie because you're here every single dreadful day and if we keep our free cookie police with you then Seokjin will go broke."

Jeongguk laughed and linked his fingers with Taehyung's. "Hate to agree with him babe, but he is right."

Taehyung whined and placed his head on his boyfriend's shoulder. "But I'm hungry."