Chapter 41

I know it's warmer where you are and it's safer by your side // But right now I can't be what you want // Just give it time

a/n: look I'm Brazilian, idk the drinking age in Korea even if I'm pretty sure its 20... but pls allow me to use my "this is fiction argument" again and make Jeongguk drink freely here okay? Thanks.

Things were definitely not that bad now, but still.

Taehyung managed to make Jeongguk feel better – well of course he did, he is fucking Taehyung – especially about the fact he didn't have to pay for re-doing his class if he failed it, but still.

He had a rough week.

After that night Taehyung helped him out, the older didn't sleep over again. He was busy with university stuff and, well, so was Jeongguk.

The younger couldn't sleep really well because due to his previous procrastinating state, he had now some papers to write and some books to read for class. So he spent the following nights compensating for being a procrastinator little shit.

Taehyung did go to the café all the following nights, but he had to stay back every night due to his projects. He would occasionally send a smile to Jeongguk while the younger was working and that did make him feel better, but it wasn't the same as having the older sat right at the counter or by his side helping him out even if he didn't work there.

The café was always packed lately and don't get him wrong, Jeongguk loves that the place is full because it means good business for Seokjin, but does it have to be so goddamn full every night?

He misses the days the place would be dead from time to time and all he had to do was play with sugar packets with Taehyung.

That Friday night the place was no different from the previous nights. It was so full sometimes Jeongguk would have a hard time in spotting his boyfriend drawing at the back.

He kept working and working and working until it was finally time to close the café. He almost kissed Yoongi once the older boy walked to the door to turn the sign to closed. God bless that sign.

As soon as Taehyung approached him for them to leave, he asked if the older would be okay with them going to a bar before they went to his loft and even if Taehyung didn't love the idea, he agreed for Jeongguk's sake.

After the week he had the younger just wanted to go out and have fun, even if it will be for only a few hours before he is too tired to keep his eyes open.

He knows he will get tired fast enough if he drinks, but he doesn't care about that in the moment, so he just jumped inside Taehyung's car and told the older to drive near the McDonalds just outside campus because he knows there's a bar nearby.

The place was crowded once they arrived. They managed to get a table for two far in the back of the place and the first thing Jeongguk did was order some alcoholic drink. He doesn't drink much, what means he doesn't know the difference between drinks or the names of it, but the description on the menu said it had strawberry and Jeongguk loves that fruit so why not right?

Taehyung seemed a bit uncomfortable so the younger just held his hand over the table. "I know you don't drink, Tae and thank God for that because you're the one driving, but you can order a Coca-Cola or fries if you want."

"I'm good. Thank you." He forced a smile.

"I'm sorry if being here makes you uncomfortable." Jeongguk said; caressing Taehyung hand on his to try making his boyfriend less anxious.

Taehyung made an odd face. Jeongguk assumed he was trying to not look uncomfortable, but it definitely wasn't working. "I am okay Kook."

"I think your eye might be twitching." The younger joked.