#13 Laurens~Death Is Not The End

Another request by muiclover04 who is honestly the best! Starts out a bit sad.

You sit on your couch, eyes glued to the TV. "John Laurens was shot during a peaceful protest outside campus. His death raises questions about the stability of the nation..." You can't bear to listen anymore. Your boyfriend was dead, and they treat him like just another statistic. The only thing that you're not upset about is how he died. He died standing up for what he believed in.

~~~
It's been about a month since your boyfriend's death. You couldn't bring yourself to go to the funeral. It was all just too painful. You had been dating for almost eight years. Almost a decade. You spent almost a decade with someone only to have them ripped away from you. The worst part of it was that you were going to propose. You and John were never a typical couple, so it wasn't a surprise that you, his girlfriend, would propose.

You sigh and get ready for work, passing John's stuff on your way out. You work at a small bookstore/cafe. You greet all your coworkers and head up to the cafe part. Since no one really goes to the cafe, you have a lot of free time. Sometimes, you would read a book, but on really bad days, you would look out the window. Today, you sat at the table in front of the window and stared down at the city.

A man with long, dark, curly hair pulled up into a ponytail passes by. "John?" You whisper. This isn't the first time you thought you saw John. You always tried to take pictures to prove he was there, but he was never in the pictures. Something takes control of you today, forcing you to run out and stop the man. You watch as he makes conversation with a man and takes him into a small alleyway. Cautiously, you follow the pair. You watch as John suddenly pounces on the man, latching his lips onto the other man's neck, causing you to gasp. John stops what he was doing and looks at you, letting the man fall. "(Y/N)?" He gasps.

You reach out to him, letting your fingers gently run over his jawline. "It's really you," you mutter.

"It's really me." He smiles.

You throw yourself at him for a kiss, ignoring all the questions that race through your mind, but he pushes you away. "(Y/N), wait. There's something I need to tell you. I-I'm a vampire."

"What?!"

"Okay, can we go home?"

You nod skeptically. When you get back to your apartment, he leads you to the couch. "You probably won't believe me, but I'm a vampire," he starts to explain.

You shake your head. "No, no, you're-you're dead. This is just another dream. I'm going to wake up, you're going to be gone, just like always."

He grabs your hands. "I'm not dead. The bullet entered just above my hip, but I didn't die. I'm immortal (I've been seeing a lot of my immortal things and it almost pained me to write "immortal"). (Y/N), I'm here, and I love you."

You stare at him in disbelief, wondering how all this happened, wondering how you got to a point in your life that you are willing to believe that your dead boyfriend is standing in front of you, alive-well, kinda alive.

He's on the verge of tears. "You gotta believe me, (Y/N/N)."

A smile creeps across your face. "You're here! You're alive!"

He picks you up and hugs you. When he sets you down, you ask how all this happened. He laughs and tells how when he went to the protest, there was a guy there who claimed that he would make sure no one died. When John went over to him, skeptical of how he was going to keep everyone alive, the guy bit his neck and turned John into a vampire. "I mean," John says, "the guy wasn't wrong; he just wasn't right."

You smile and lean against his chest. "I'm glad to have you back."

He strokes your hair. "I'm glad to be back."

You suddenly sit up. "John Laurens, don't you ever scare me like that again!"

He chuckles. "I'm sorry, baby. I'm here now."

"I was going to propose! We would be planning a wedding-"

"Propose?"

"John, I've loved you since the day we met. I want to spend my entire life with you if you'll let me. Will you marry me?"

His smile takes over his entire face. "Yes!"

You smile and lean into his chest. After a few moments, you look up at him. "What about the whole vampire thing?"

He sits up a bit straighter. "What about it?"

"Am I going to have to become one?"

He sighs. "I guess."

You smile. "Good. I want to live with you forever."

He laughs. "Do you want me to turn you now?"

You don't answer him verbally, but you lean up to kiss him, gently biting his lower lip to expose his fangs. He takes the cue and bites your lower lip as you kiss. Your hands tangle themselves in his hair and pull it out of its ponytail. His lips trail down your neck, occasionally biting down. The two of you head back to your room to finish what you started.

~~~

You take a deep breath and fiddle with your long, white skirt. Today was the day that you were going to marry John. You didn't realize how complicated it would be to plan a wedding when you couldn't see what you looked like. "How do I look?" you asked your friend. She chuckles and adjusts your veil. "Perfect, as always."

~~~

I'm not going to tell you all that happened that day. Other than John started crying, causing his best man, Alex, to nudge him and tell him to man up. And your mom was mad that there were no pictures of the two of you, but you and John didn't mind. But this is one story that the two of you get to share.

(A/N: After many misunderstandings, I wrote it! Thank you so much to @muiclover04 for requesting, you are fabulous! I almost wrote some smut, but I didn't know if you wanted it. I wanted to get this out early bc I don't know if this is what you want and I can redo it if it's not)