#22 Philip~Love Doesn't Discriminate

Requested by the marvelous muiclover04 Hope you enjoy

You meet Philip after work. He smiles as soon as he sees you. "(Y/N)! How are you? How was your day? Tell me everything."

You giggle and kiss him. "I'm just really tired. Do you mind if we go back to my place to talk. I'm sure my roommate is still working. Or with some guy."

He kisses your head. "If you want."

You nod and pull your hair out of its ponytail- well, it was less of a ponytail and more of a rubber band around five strands of hair.

He pulls you close as you walk to your apartment, just outside downtown.

Once you get to your apartment, you pull the tips you earned out of your pocket and hand them to Philip. "Would you mind counting this while I shower? An old lady ran into me, causing me to drop the tray on me. I feel all gross and tomato sauce-y."

He chuckles. "Of course. Go de-tomato sauce yourself."

He give him a quick kiss before counting your tips. He frowns. "Fifty dollars? She had seventy-two yesterday," he mutters to himself. He slips a few bills in the stack before setting it back on your table.

You come out of your room, wearing one of Philip's shirts he left at your place a while ago and a pair of old pajama pants. "How much?"

"Seventy-five."

You run over and give him a hug. "That's incredible!"

He smiles, guilt rushing over him. "Yeah, yeah it is."

"We'll be able to make rent this month!"

~~~

Philip walks back to his parents' house with his hands in his pockets. When he opens the door, his younger brother runs up to him. "How's (Y/N)?"

He gives him a fake smile. "She's good."

"Are you going to get married?"

He shifts uncomfortably. "Maybe. Where's pop?"

Will responds quickly. "In his office."

Philip nods and heads to his father's office. He gently knocks then opens the door.

Alexander looks up from his laptop. "Sit," he commands. "Were you out with (Y/N) again?"

Philip nods slowly, unsure of what's going on.

Alexander scoffs. "She still working as a waitress?"

"Yes. Is there a problem?"

"You're the son of the treasury secretary and you're dating a girl who can barely afford rent. Do you not see a problem?"

"But I love her."

"Love isn't the issue here."

"I didn't think there was an issue."

"Money is the issue. You've been with her for almost five years; I never doubted if you loved her. I know you do and that scares the shit out of me. If you get married, she will use you. She will take your money. Or you'll be dragged down to her income level, which you won't do well with."

"How would you know, Mr. Secretary?"

Alexander slams his fist on the table. "I came from nothing! I will not let you go through what I had to!"