#98 Rafael Casal~Rough Night

You take your eyeliner, the closest thing you have to a nonpermanent marker, and outline your body in the mirror. The outline is quite a bit off, but that's the least of your worries right now. Standing in front of the mirror, completely naked, a series of shaky lines outlining your body, you realize how ugly you are. You use the eyeliner to draw everything you don't like about yourself in the mirror.

By the time you've finished drawing everything you don't like, you have almost finished drawing yourself. Tears stream down your face as you stare at your reflection. In the back of your mind, you can hear your boyfriend's voice telling you that you are more than beautiful. That poets have spent eons trying to come up with words to your beauty, but you just can't believe him.

"(Y/N)."

Speak of the devil.

"Where are you?" he calls through your apartment. You hear his footsteps coming close to your room.

You quickly turn on the shower, giving you an excuse for not coming out, and grab a wet towel to erase the eyeliner on your mirror. "In the shower!" you respond. "I'll be out in a few minutes!"

His footsteps quicken as he makes his way to your bathroom, and he gently taps on the door. "Can I come in?"

"I-uh-" you had no clue what to tell him. It's not like you could tell him that you weren't dressed, that has never stopped either of you before. You stare at the smudged eyeliner on the mirror.

"(Y/N), I'm coming in. Okay?" He waits a few seconds for a response, which he doesn't get, before opening the door. He sees your tear stained face and rushes over to you. "(Y/N)? What's wrong?" He pulls you into a hug, causing you to drop the towel and start sobbing. He kisses the top of your head and brings you into your bedroom, sitting on the bed with you with his arms wrapped tightly around you as your breathing slows down. "Do you want to talk?"

You shake your head slightly. "Not right now. I want to get dressed."

He helps you stand up and rummages through your closet until he finds a pair of shorts and a shirt he left at your place a while ago. "I'll turn the water off and clean up the eyeliner. Just rest for a bit, okay?"

You nod and take the clothes from him. "Thank you."

He smiles. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

By the time he comes back into your room, you're sitting in the middle of your bed, playing with the hem of the shirt.

He sits next to you and rubs your back. "You okay?"

"Why are you with me?" you say at the same time.

He gives you a confused look. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, you're just so fucking amazing and I'm just me. I'm annoying and ugly and-"

"(Y/N), you know that I love you more than anything. Every aspect of you is utterly perfect. You are so utterly perfect. I know that you can't always see what I see in you, and I promise that I will always do everything I can to show you how wonderful you are, but none of that matters if you can't see it."

"What did I do to deserve you?"

He smiles. "I ask myself the same thing every day." He wraps his arm around you and pulls you so that you are laying down with him.

You curl into his side and bury your face between his neck and shoulder. "I love you. And, I am sor-"

"Don't be. I love you and always plan to be by your side." He kisses your forehead. "Get some rest, baby."

(I love Rafa so much. That's it)