#95 Hogwarts Pt. 3

You push open the door to the lavatory. "Alex?" you call, glancing at your watch. Since you were a few minutes early, you walk over to the sinks in the center of the room, leaning with your back against one. You roll your eyes when the water suddenly turns on.

"Not now, Myrtle. I'm waiting for someone who doesn't know about you. Just wait a few minutes."

Myrtle turns the water off and walks in front of you. "Oh, you never let me have any fun."

"It's not that; I just-"

"Who are you meeting? Is it John? I always thought the two of you would be good together, and since no one comes to my bathroom-"

You lean into her. "Finish that sentence and I will kill you again."

She laughs and floats away. "Just saying..."

You roll your eyes.

Alexander walks in and looks around cautiously. "I've got the niffler."

You smile and take it from him. "Thank you. What did you take?"

He smirks. "Find out."

You gently shake the niffler, letting a few coins and pieces of jewelry, along with other ordinary objects fall to the floor. "I don't get it. This all looks normal."

He picks up a wallet. "Now, I haven't had much experience with Jefferson, but I do know that this wallet seems to be very important to him."

You smile. "Alexander Hamilton, you are a genius! You have no idea what you've done! I'd love to talk about it, but I've got to get him back to Scamander before curfew. Thank you!" you exclaim, engulfing him in a hug, causing Myrtle to giggle. "I'll explain that later, too."

He gives you a perplexed look but lets it go, eager to get back to his room before curfew.

~~~

You knock on Professor Scamander's door. "Professor? I have your niffler."

He opens the door and ushers you into his office. "Thank you. Did you find what you were looking for?"

"Yes, thank you very much. Would you mind giving me a hall pass? I didn't think it would take this long to find it."

He nods and rummages through his desk. He scribbles his signature onto a hall pass and hands it to you. "I trust that you are going straight to your room."

"Of course. Thank you!"

You quickly make your way to your room, only being stopped once. You hide the wallet under your pillow as you sleep, care not to let anyone know that you have it.