#76 Philip~I Don't Say No To This (Pt. 4)

Philip took the call that night. You were still asleep, and he didn't want to wake you. After his mom having seven other kids, each of whom has broken at least one bone, he became good at recognizing the hospital's number. As soon as he heard the receptionist tell him that Maria was dead, he saw you turn, as if you were having a bad dream. It was almost like you knew what happened. He crawled into bed next to you and held you close to his chest. "I'm sorry."

Philip's POV

"You know that Reynolds girl?"

"Yeah, what about her?"

"Her dad got arrested for killing her mom."

"Really?"

"Yeah, apparently he's been beating her, too."

"Wouldn't surprise me. If I were with her all the time, I'd beat her, too."

I slam my tray on the table and storm over to Eacker. "What the hell, man?" I yell as I shove him slightly. There is so much more I would rather do, but I would rather not get expelled.

"What?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about!"

He smiles smugly. "Oh, yeah. That girl that you've been 'dating'. I'm not sure why you care so much. We were only stating the truth."

"Bullshit!"

Eacker moves closer to me."What? Just because I said she deserved it? We all know it's true. I'm shocked you even talk to her. Especially after what her mother did to your family. Tell me what it's like to constantly be reminded of what happened. Although, it wouldn't surprise me if you were in it for the sex. She's got a great body. I'd deal with her whining for a few hours if I got to fuck her."

I'm about to punch him, but I feel a hand on my back. "(Y/N)-"

She bats her eyelashes. "Philip, can I talk to you for a second?"

"But-"

"Please?"

I sigh. "Of course."

Second Person

You grab his hand and lead him to the back of the cafeteria. "Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why were you trying to defend me?"

"Because, I love you so much, and I am not going to let people like Eacker talk shit about you," he explains.

"It doesn't matter. He's still going to think that about me. Besides, we're out of this hell in three months. I can assure you that Eacker is not nearly smart enough to get into anything other than community college."

Philip smiles slightly. "I'm still pissed."

You giggle. "Just please don't do anything stupid."

~~~

You lay with your head on Philip's chest, while he absentmindedly plays with your fingers. "I love you, you know that?"

You smile and kiss his cheek. "And I love you, Philip."

"I mean it. I don't care about what happened with my dad. I mean, I'm still kinda mad at him, but I will always love you. No matter what."

"You're starting to scare me."

"I was just thinking about how yesterday you said you didn't want to get married. I promise, nothing like that will ever happen with us, and if it for some horrible reason does, then you have every right to leave me as soon as you feel uncomfortable."

"You are nothing like him, and you know that will never happen. Tell me what's really bothering you."

He shifts slightly. "Eacker said you deserved what you got, and that I don't really love you."

"Is that true?"

"No, no, it couldn't be farther from the truth. I just- I don't know. I can't stand him, to begin with, so when he said that about you, I couldn't handle it."

"Three months, Philip. Three months. After that, you will never have to worry about him."

He smiles and brings your hand to his lips. "I just can't stand that people think like that."

"But you aren't going to do anything, right?"

"Not unless you want me to."

You smile. "Just cuddle with me. I've had a shit day. I want a hug."

He pulls you closer to himself. "Sweet dreams, my love."

You smile and kiss his chest.