#58 Lafayette~Drunk in Love

Requested on tumblr

Laf kisses your cheek as he walks out the door. "I promise, I won't be out too late." He presses his lips to your stomach, kissing the growing baby bump.

You take a sip of your tea. "Have fun."

He smiles and walks out, leaving you alone. He had been working so hard lately; he deserved a night with his friends. You rub your stomach and lay on the bed, turning on your favorite show.

You must have fallen asleep at some point because your phone vibrating on your chest wakes you up. You groan and pick it up, rubbing your eyes because of the brightness. Laf's face causes you to panic. "What did you do?" you answer.

He sheepishly explains that he needs you to come to the jail, and he'll tell you why when you get there. You don't bother putting actual clothes on before you run out the door. Despite what you might think, jails are pretty empty at four a.m.

You groan when you see Laf and his friends standing in a holding cell. "Oh my God. What the hell happened?"

They all start explaining at once. "Herc, explain."

Your husband looks hurt. "But-"

You send him a look that says 'don't even start with me', causing him to visibly shrink back.

"Well, you see, there was this girl who was hitting on Laf, and he was uncomfortable because he has you, his loving and considerate pregnant wife who he didn't want to bother. So, this girl wouldn't leave him alone, so we left. We didn't even get anything to drink yet, so we weren't going to go home yet. We ended up going to a shady bar, where lo-and-behold, the same girl was. One thing led to another, and long story short: Laf ended up punching this girl, but her boyfriend came up. Things got ugly quickly." You can't tell if he's nervous or lying, but you give him the benefit of the doubt. It took a while, but you were able to get all the guys out that night. As soon as you get home, Laf starts apologizing. "I'm so so sorry, mon cherie. I love you more than anything. I-"

"I'm not mad about that."

He gives you a puzzled look.

"You should have come home. What if you got hurt? What if you had to stay in jail? What if he-"

"I said, 'I'm sorry'. Is that not enough?" His voice raises, causing you to flinch.

Your voice matches his. "I'm pregnant! In less than a month, we'll be responsible for another life! You can't keep doing this!" You don't wait for him to respond before going to your room, slamming it behind you.

You sit on the bed and start crying. You hated fighting with Laf. You loved more than life itself, but he could be so frustrating at times. After almost thirty minutes, you go out to apologize. You slowly open the door and look around the small room. "Laf?"

You walk closer to the couch and see him sleeping soundly with the blanket pulled up to his chin. You giggle slightly and wake him up.

He groggily smiles at you.

"Come to bed?"

He nods and takes your outstretched hand. "Je t'aime."

You pull him into a kiss. "Je t'aime."

(A/N: Hope you liked it! Love you!)