#19 Anthony~There's a Moment You Know

You sit in one of the first few pews with your two-year-old daughter next to you. She, for once, is being remarkably good. It's odd to be at your ex's wedding. Jasmine is amazing, no doubt about that, but you still have feelings for Anthony. But, those feelings don't matter; all that matters is that he's happy, and he is, so you bite your tongue when the priest calls for objections and hug your daughter close to your chest. You've had a few relationships since you and Anthony broke up, but nothing has lasted more than two months.

You're pulled out of your thoughts by the priest saying, "Do you, Anthony Ramos, take Jasmine Cephas Jones to be your lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health?"

She squeezes Anthony's hands. He looks between her and the priest. Then to you. "I don't. I'm sorry."

Everyone gasps as he leaves, wiping a few tears from the corners of his eyes. You ask his mom to watch Allie as you stand to follow him, not caring how this scene must look to Jasmine's family.

You finally catch up to him at the venue they were going to take pictures. You sit down next to him, gently rubbing circles on his back. He looks up at you with his tear-stained face. "I can't keep doing this."

You give him a puzzled look.

"It's you. It's always been you. Even before you found out, I really just wanted to be with you. It's just-she was new, exciting. She's a great girl, don't get me wrong, but she's not who I stay up at night thinking about. She's not who I really love. I love you."

"Anthony," you breathe. "I-you-she-"

"I don't care about anything else. I want to be with you and our daughter. I've fucked up."

"You could say that."

"I get it if you never want to see me again." He turns away from you, but you grab his shoulders.

"If I didn't want to see you, would I have followed you out here? Would I have listened to you?"

He smiles slightly. "I'm sorry."

"I'm not the one you have to apologize to. Your fiancee and her family looked ready to bite your head off."

He chuckles. "Come with me?"

"I don't think that's the best idea."

"But-"

"You can do this. I know you can."

"If it means we get to be together, I'll do anything."

You press your lips to his as he stands up. He takes a deep breath. "Do I have to?"

You giggle. "Yes. Now go apologize before things get any worse."

"Wait here?"

"I do have a daughter to get," you remind him.
"Where is Allie?"

"With your mom."

"She'll be fine. I just want to be alone with you."

"Hurry back," you give in.

He kisses your head and rushes to the ceremony.

~Three years later~

You watch your five-year-old daughter lead the way down the aisle, throwing flower petals as she walks. Your closest friends follow soon after. You try to hold back tears as your dad leads you to your fiancé, but once you see him crying, you let a few tears fall down your face.
You squeeze his hands when the priest asks if he takes you to be his wife, which he does.

"I do."

The priest smiles. "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may seal your vows with a kiss."

Anthony doesn't have to be told twice before he presses his lips against yours. You smile into the kiss and run your fingers through his curly hair.

(A/N: hope you liked this. This series has been requested on Tumblr so feel free to check that out. Also request.)