#73 Maria~Some Drunken Mistake

Things get a little heated

You flip through channels, settling on a home improvement show because, hey, we all have those days. You start to fall asleep when your phone vibrates on your chest. You groan and open your eyes.

From Maria:
To (Y/N):

I need to come over

From (Y/N):
To Maria:

My door is unlocked. I've got beer and wine

You take a deep breath. Maria was never one to admit that she was weak; she would never tell anyone when she was upset. She didn't live too far away from you.

She opened the door and ran to you, sobbing. You immediately embrace her, running your hand over her hair. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." She hiccups. "I'm sorry."

You shake your head. "There's nothing to be sorry for. It's okay. It's okay."

You sit on the couch with her in your lap. Her breathing starts to calm down before she looks up at you. "I-I think I'm gay."

You smile slightly. "Is that what's bothering you?"

She nods and sniffles. "I don't know what to do. I saw when you came out, and I just-I can't deal with that rejection. I just want to be me."

You take her hand. "There is no reason for you to have to come out to anyone."

"I just-"

"You don't want to hide who you are. I know, but please don't think that you have to lose your friends and family because of it. You don't have to label yourself."

Her eyes are still filled with tears. "What do I do?"

"I don't know. I wish I could help you." You sigh.

She wraps her arms around you and pulls you close, burying her head in the crook of your neck. "Don't leave me. Please."

You hug her. "I would never."

You feel her tears soak your shoulder and the back of the couch. "Shh. It's okay. It's okay."

Her tears slow, and she sits up. "I don't want to go home."

You grab her hand and help her stand. "Then stay here. My clothes should fit you."

"I really can't," she protests.

You shake your head. "Your jeans cannot be comfortable. Go to my room and find something to wear. I'll be in in a minute with-do you want beer or wine?"

"Beer. Thank you so much. For everything." She heads to your room and changes out of her clothes into a shirt from your high school and a pair of sweatpants. She folds her clothes and sets them on a chair next to your bed before sitting on your bed and looking around your room. You had clothes thrown all over your room. You had a full-time job and had very little time to clean. She looks at the clothes that lay at the foot of your bed. A few blouses for work, a skirt, and pair of pants, a pair of sweatpants, a single sock, a jacket, the dress from when she dragged you to a bar all lay there, jumbled into one pile. She smiles and thinks of each of the days represented on the bed.

You gently knock on the door, pulling her out of a trance, and open the door. You hand her a beer and sit next to her. "Sorry that it's a mess. I wasn't expecting anyone."

She tags a sip of her beer. "It's okay. Thank you for letting me stay." She stands to leave, but you grab her arm. "Where are you going?"

"I-uh-I figured I'd sleep on the couch."

You shake your head. "I'll sleep on the couch. You are my guest."

"Yeah, but I showed up uninvited. I'll sleep on the couch."

"You're going to have to get me drunk before I agree to that."

She smirks and grabs your beer from the nightstand. "Drink up."

You giggle and take a drink, while she does the same. As the night continues, the two of you manage to drink almost all the alcohol you have.

Maria laughs. "Y'know why I came to you tonight?"

"Why?"

"Well, first off, you're into girls, so like, you could help me, but also I have a huuuge crush on you and thought you would tell me you liked me too."

You smile. "Of course I like you. You're fucking hot. And funny and-ugh-words are hard."

She laughs even more. "Wanna play truth or dare?"

You roll your eyes. "Are we literally twelve? Besides, there's only two of us."

She tugs on your arm. "Please. It'll be fun."

"Fine. You first."

"Truth or dare?"

"Truth."

She thinks for a second. "First girl you fucked?"

"Jasmine. Met in college. She was experimenting. Truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"Ever touched yourself and thought of a girl?"

"Yep. Truth or dare?"

You shrug. "Dare."

"Strip."

Your eyes widen, but you slowly take off your clothes anyway, until you're completely naked for her. "Truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"Kiss me."

She doesn't miss a beat. She kisses you roughly, causing you to fall back onto the bed out of shock. You wrap your arms around her neck just as she starts to pull away. "Truth or dare?"

You groan. "Just shut up and fuck me."

"You didn't answer my question," she teases.

You roll your eyes. "Truth."

"How bad do you want this?"

"Why don't you find out?" You smirk.

She smirks and kisses you again.
~~~
You groan as the sunlight hits your eyelids. You slowly open your eyes and see that you aren't alone in your bed. You're greeted with a very naked Maria. "Oh God," you whisper. You study the way the sunlight reflects off her skin, the way her hair lays on the pillow. You can't bring yourself to turn away from her. You know what you did last night wasn't right, but you can't but think that it wasn't wrong.

Slowly, Maria wakes up. "(Y/n), what are you doing in-oh shit. Did we...?"

You nod slightly. "I am so sorry."

"No, please, don't be. I don't want you to think of me as some drunken mistake."

You shake your head. "I would gladly be with you sober."

"Really?"

"Really, but only if you would let me."

She takes your hand. "I'd be more than willing to be with you."

You smile and bring a hand to cup her cheek. "Good. Then, let's do this right. I'm going to get dressed and make breakfast. Go ahead and take a shower. Then, tonight, I'm taking you out for dinner."

She smiles widely.

(A/N: hope this was good. Wattpad was being glitchy so I had to format this on my phone. Sorry)