#43 Laurens~Love and Crime

Mob AU. Requested on Tumblr

You grab your pen and notebook as you walk out of the truck. You just had to follow your dreams and be a journalist. Not only that, you had to be a good one. You just had to be asked to try and cover a mob story. You could have just been a psychologist or lawyer or doctor, etc. You sigh and write down everything you can. That was the easy part. The hard part was trying not to run into anybody and if you did, not pissing them off. You had many run-ins with the mob before, and you found your quick wit helpful.

"You heard me! Where's the money?!" you hear a man harshly whisper. You peer around the corner and see him grab the other man by the collar. Damn, if you had a camera that wouldn't flash, you would take a picture.

"We agreed on half that," the other man protests.

The first man leans closer. "Do you want my help or not?"

The other man reluctantly pulls a large wad of cash out of his pocket and hands it over. The first man counts the money and smiles. "Al will be at the rendezvous at midnight."

"Thank you!" He turns to leave, forcing you to hide, but the first man sees you.

"Hey girlie, get over here," he commands.

You obey him, not wanting to get shot today.

"That's a good girl." He takes the notebook out of your hands and flips through it. "Come with me." It's not like you have a choice; he grabs your arm and pulls you inside the closest building. "Sit." He throws you into a chair.

"I'm sorry if I offended you sir, but I was just doing my job. I'm sure you, of all people understand."

"We can't have this spreading. I highly doubt you would want to be responsible for this."

You look down at your shoes. "No sir."

He stands up. "Good girl. I'd normally murder you, but I'm feeling nice, so I'll let you live."

You stand up. "Well, if that's all, I'd better get going."

He laughs. "I can't let you go out. You're going to have to stay here. With me."

"But-"

"Would you rather I kill you?"

You sigh and shake your head. "No, sir."

He smiles and cups your chin. "Good girl. It's not so bad here. You'll like it." He leads you down a long hallway and a flight of stairs. You're a bit surprised that you get an actual bed and bathroom. You figured he'd just keep you in some closet.

~~~

It's been almost a week. You've been kept locked up in your room, but it wasn't too bad. John, the man who put you in this situation in the first place, comes to visit you every once in awhile. He wasn't nearly as terrible as everyone made him out to be. He was actually nice. You actually look forward to him visiting you.

You laugh as he tells you about his day.

"That's not even the best part-" he's cut off by a large crash upstairs. He gives you a panicked look before rushing to lock the door. He grabs your arm without saying anything and opens a secret door behind the bed that leads to a safe room of sorts.

You don't make any noise. You just grab his hand for comfort. You expect him to push you away, but he holds your hand tighter and pulls you closer to him.

"(Y/N)," he whispers. "If we're going to die, I need to do something." He presses his lips to yours.

~~~

"I can't believe you did that!" you scold. "We could have been caught."

John laughs. "I was just trying to save your ass."

You roll your eyes. "I would like to remind you that because of my quick thinking, we didn't get caught after you kidnapped me."

"Details, details."

You shake your head slightly and kiss your husband. "You, John Laurens, will be the death of me."

He gives you a goofy grin. "But you wouldn't have it any other way."

(A/N: Requests are now open. Also, please comment on my last part. Love you!)