Chapter 1:

A/N: I kinda rush things in the beginning of the story when it comes to their relationship but everything happens for a reason, in my other books it isn't rushed as much. But I was so excited writing this one I couldn't wait for them to get together.

It gets better later in the book I promise (: my writing skills have improved greatly.

Everyone at school been gossiping about this so-called "New Boy" that came to our school a couple of days ago. Girls have been literally drooling over him, which is truly disgusting in my book. I'm sitting in my backyard, with my best friend Allison.

"Have you heard about the new boy who came to our school, I heard his name is Cody Templeton he's quite mysterious, he keeps to himself a lot," Allison says giggling nudging me in the arm with her elbow.

"I could care less about this dude Ally," I say annoyed, to me, this guy is just a damn show off, I hate people like that.

"Come on Maddy, you have to be a little curious of how he keeps to himself all the time." She states smirking at me when I roll my eyes at her.

Now that I think about it, I do want to know why he blocks out the world. "Fine you got me, what do you want me to do?" I ask groaning.

"First things first you must befriend him." She says as a matter of factly. "How am I going to do that smartie pants" I tease.

"I don't know, that's for you to figure out." She grins as she gets up and grips her book bag on her shoulder. "I better go, my mom wants me home early tonight were having company over." She states before leaving.

I can't believe I actually agreed to another one of Allison's stupid plans, I sigh and walk into the house. Allison has a good way of manipulating people, which comes to good use at times.

I grab my pajamas and head to the bathroom, I turn the shower on, but before I go in the shower I take a good look at myself. My black hair is in a messy bun, my green eyes dull and tired, from my long day at work and school.

I jump in the shower and start washing my body, after washing myself a few times I get out and put my pajamas on. I drag myself in my bed not soon after sleep takes over.

Cody's POV:

"Cody!" Ella cries,"I thought I could trust you." She yells.

"I'm coming Ella." I'm running full speed in the forest, trying to find Ella. Then I see Ella's dirty blond hair and two guys, Ryan and Luke holding her but Luke has a knife close to her neck.

"Stop moving!" Ryan growls tighten his grip around her.

"This won't take long," Luke says with a smirk on his face.

"ELLA!" I cry but it's too late, they pick her up and throw her 10 feet down off the cliff head first I run and push them aside. Ella lays there on the edge lifeless, blood coming from all over.

"I'm sorry." I cry as I fall to my knees.

I'd never forgive myself for setting up my first true love like that.

I feel something wet hit me.

"What the fuck!" I open my eyes to see my little brother Jason with a half bucket of water, and the other half on me.

"Cody wakes up its time for school." He jumps up and down on my bed. "I'm up, now get out my room." I hiss, I grab some clothes off my dresser and a towel and jump in the shower. I can feel the hot water burning my skin but I don't care, it feels good to me.

I hate this town, the only reason we move here was because my family thought it would be good to start over. To forget about my troubled past.

But they don't know that my past still haunts me in my dreams.

Madison's POV:

"Maddy wakey wakey eggs and bay, sleeping beauty," Allison whispers in my ear I groan in response, covering a pillow over my head. "Fine you leave me no choice." She says as she shoves me off the bed.

"Ouch, what the heck." I groan in pain.

"Sorry babe, but you wouldn't get up." She smirks. "Now get up and get in the shower you smell of depression and failure." She giggles.

"Shut up," I growl as I throw a pillow at her face, I wrinkle my nose at her and grab my clothes and head in the shower.

Hey, guys, I hope you take an extra look at this book I can tell I'm going to so enjoy writing this as much as I see your face expression as you read this stuff soon to come warning...