Chapter 38:

A/N: I'm truly sorry that it took this long just to write this chapter I've been so busy and my birthday is next Tuesday even though next week is all mid term exams and that's like the worst time to spend a birthday.... studying but I'll try to update again next weekend so bare with me.

Madison's POV:

I never smiled so hard before in my entire life, I feel like my jaw's going to fall off. My cheeks are rosy from the cold along with my ears as I tuck my hair behind my ear. The warmth of Cody's hand intertwined with mine, every time I look down at our hands my face gets a little brighter. I keep my head down capturing every single second of our hands together like a beautiful puzzle.

"Are you okay?" Cody asks rubbing on my knuckles while lightly squeezing my hand.

"Yeah of course, why wouldn't I be okay?" I finally look up at him, confusion written all over my face.

"Well your head has been lowered for the past five blocks."

"Oh right... sorry." I bite my lip turning away from his gaze and look straight ahead. "I was just surprised." I whisper looking at my feet watching them walk up the pavement.

"What, why?" He asks capturing my chin with his thumb and index finger, he makes both of us stop to make me stare deep into his eyes. His hold on my hand is still firm as the cold smoke comes from off his lips, his ocean icy blue color eyes make me freeze in a icy wonderland of beautiful frost.

While his forest like minty scent buries me in a feathery cloud and his lips begging me to capture them in my dungeon. There so pink and slightly chapped from the cold placing light kisses upon them.

"You've never been this..... w-way before." I hesitate my words trying to choose them carefully, he brings our hands that our embraced up to his lips lightly kissing the back of my hand close to my knuckles.

"Been what way?" He lets go of my hand and captures my face with both hands pulling me towards him, he brings me closer as I flutter my eyes close his lips kiss my nose making me sigh, puffs of smoke leaving my body.

"You're changing Cody, you've never been this passionate before, you've never hold my hand before or kissed my nose unless on the stairs at home but still-" I ramble on, and he shuts me up with his cold yet warm chapped lips, a sound comes deep down my throat when he bites down on my bottom lip. I open my mouth for him making his tongue slide right in, our tongues wrestle one another before he pulls me away from him by my shoulders.

"I'm changing because you saved me."

"Wh-what."

"You saved me." He says again this time slower as the traces is his cold fingertips go along my cheeks.

"I'm not quite understanding.." My eyes move rapidly across his face from side to side, he just smirks at me not saying another word as he grasp my hand again and we spoon begin walking down the familiar streets we use to call home.

But yet that still doesn't stop making my mind wonder through the silence.

What does it truly mean to save someone?

And what did he mean by it?

All I did was simply stay with him through hard times, and I don't even think that was enough. All of the screaming, fighting, and jealously but I always found myself always returning right back beside him, it's like I can't be without him without going into madness and defeat. I need him and that's what makes it so painful to realize that you have to have someone in order to breath.

"Relax." He suddenly lowers himself to my height to whisper in my ear.

"Your body's so stiff."

"S-sorry." He chuckles when I squeal a bit when a word leaves my lips.