Chapter 16:

"Honey what's wrong." My mother's voice is filled with concern and worry. "Nothing's wrong I just-" my phone is snatched from my hand, violently being crush into sidewalk by Cody's combat boots.

"What the hell." I snap. "Get off my phone." He hesitates before stepping a footsteps away from my phone. I pick it up dusting it off, my phone is indestructible because after all that it still doesn't show one crack.

"Hello." I press the phone to my ear.

"I'm still here sweetie." My mom's soft voice on the other line makes me sigh in relief.

"Mom, I'm coming to California tomorrow morning will you be able to meet me at the airport?" I hope she isn't busy, I know this happens on such short notice. "Of course I can sweetie, me and your father are dying to see you again." I say my goodbyes before plugging the phone in my back pocket.

Cody is looking at me dangerously, liquor filling his mouth again. I can't to see him destroying himself like this because of me.

"So that's it then?" He slurs at me. "You're just going to leave and forget everything we had? Do you realize that you can't escape the games, you're putting your family at risk."

"Cody, I'm not leaving forever, I just need sometime along to visit my family." I do realize I'm putting my family in jeopardy but that's just the risk I'm going to have to take, I can't just keep ignoring my family members and neither should he.

"When's the last time you visited your family?"

"My family wants nothing to do with me anymore after I explained everything." Are they that heartless? I feel for him, he has no one to go to he has no one but me and I'm leaving him alone in this cruel world so he can repeat his mistakes.

"Please don't leave me here." He begs his feet become wobbly, he leans on the wall for support the alcohol is doing all this to him, his mood swings are becoming worse.

"Come with me then, we can solve each other out I guess." I stumble over to his drunk self cupping his cheek, he shuts his eyes feeling the sensation of my soft fingertips touching his baby soft skin.

"I can't keep you here alone, I can't stand you being destroyed even though I'm still confused about us." I don't understand how I will figure out what to do, but I know everything will sort out. I'm still don't think I can trust him but that doesn't mean I stopped loving him even for one second.

"So I'm meeting your family, have you even told them yet?"

"No, but we will tell them together I guess." I groan, my family knows about his death they don't know his still living, which will take a lot of explaining to do. But I don't want to tell them about the games, so how will I explain it to them without giving it away?

"Hey, hey don't think to much about it." Cody manages to breath out his long eyelashes showing, heavy eyelids ready to close the alcohol drained all his energy. "I feel like I'm about to fall over any second now." He crumbles in my arms, I laugh his so worn out.

"You shouldn't have drunk all that liquor." I tense, helping/dragging him back inside the house with my suitcase on my back, he looks skinny and well built but his so freaking heavy.

"I know, I'm sorry I just face the fact of you leaving it made even more pain then Ella did." His voice trails off into a desperate slur as he tries walk with his arm around my shoulder for support.

We end up making it to his bedroom and I tilt him over to the bed that he falls upon right after, I'm out of breath that took a lot of energy out of me.

I remove my suitcase from behind my back, finding bra and undergarments to wear. I search around in his dressers nice and slow so he won't hear that squeak every now and then from it, I receive a shirt that smell like his beautiful scent of cologne. I carry it with me to the bathroom, pulling down my clothes and turning on the shower head.

The hot water steams on my skin sizzling on top of it, I just walk in and my whole body is already on fire I start jumping out of control reaching for the cold shower knob twisting it on. My head drops down, water filling me up inside my soul the shampoo landing on my hair as I pour it down. I let it set while I wash my whole body 3 times.

I'm so confused my mind is clogged up ready to be soothed and not stress out, I never relationships thought could be so complicated. What me and Cody isn't a average relationship it's far from that and that's what makes me miss normal life.

I need release I need sometime with my family to take my mind off things and pretend I'm still a teen again, to smell the familiar scents in the house and of my mother's cooking. I miss all those things right now, I thought I'd never go back there but it's driving me crazy I have to go or I will go insane.

I try to cleanse myself fully again along with washing out my hair and jumping out of the shower, we got a lot if stuff that will happen tomorrow and I need to be ready. Slipping into Cody's shirt then diving into my bed right beside Cody and falling into my hibernation.