Chapter 1

Nicole was sleeping when her alarm blasted "Here comes the General! Rise Up" "Here comes the General! Rise Up." She quickly got up and turned it off before she woke up her roommates. Nicole is huge Hamilton fan but her two roommates not so much. They both keep telling her that its to overhyped and that anything thats that overhyped isn't that good. But Nicole doesn't care she loves Hamilton, she loves musicals and she's also a huge history nerd. She puts on "Guns and Ships" on low so she doesn't disturb them. "Wow they are sleeping in on the most important day of the year!?!" "Well no use making a big deal out of it" she says. Nicole begins to get dressed, she put on her West Orange Class of 2005 t-shirt and a pair of jeans. She then decided that she was going to make herself breakfast. As she left her room and walked to the kitchen she heard a loud crash and one of her roommates yelling "Nice work Diane you dropped the cupcakes and we have no time to make more!" Then she heard the other fire back "Well you were in my way Rachel!" Nicole smiled "they did remember!" she whispers. Nicole then continues to make her way to the kitchen, she greets her two friends "Good morning Rachel, Good morning Chinchilla" ( Rachel nicknamed Diane Chinchilla back in high school when all three of them went to PetsMart and Diane immediate pointed to the chinchillas and said "LOOK AT THEM! THEY ARE SO CUTE!")

"Good morning Nicole, Happy 27th Birthday!" they both said in unison. Nicole couldn't help but smile and laugh a little they were both covered on flour and the kitchen was a mess "Thank you guys and what happened to the kitchen?" Rachel and Diane looked at each other and said "We were trying to surprise you with cupcakes but things got a little out of hand" "A little out of hand? You both are covered in flour and you both managed to cover the entire kitchen in flour!" Nicole yells. Nicole looks down at the cupcake tin thats still on the floor, she bends down to get a closer look at them only to see that they were chocolate cupcakes (her favorite) and they were each decorated with buttercream frosting, she examined them a bit closer and saw that on each on there was a letter on them. "Did you guys try to spell out Happy Birthday Nicole with the cupcakes? she asked. "Not exactly" Diane replied, her and Rachel picked up the cupcake tin and tried to salvage what they could so they could still surprise Nicole. "What are you two doing?" Nicole asked. They both said "You'll see." They finished putting the cupcakes on the table them they turned to face Nicole and said "Go ahead take a look." Nicole stepped towards the table and looked at the cupcakes it read "Happy Birthday Nicole, You are going to see Hamilton tonight!" Nicole did a double take, then she turned back around to her two best friends and gave them both a huge hug. "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!" she said repeatedly. "And thats not all" Rachel said while giving her the envelope with the tickets, Nicole opened the envelope fine not only her ticket for tonight show but also a backstage pass. This time she screamed "THANK YOU!! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!" "How did you guys get these?" she asked them, "We bought them a while ago" Rachel told her. "You guys really didn't have to do this for me, I would have been fine continuously entering the Hamilton lottery to get myself a ticket" she told them. "Nicole you've been entering that lottery for half a year now and you haven't won yet, so we got you a ticket" Diane told her. "Ok no more questions the show is at 8pm and it is now 10am go find something nice to wear!" Rachel jokingly commanded her. "Alright but what about breakfast?" she asked. "Ill run over to D&D and get us all something just go get ready." Nicole went back to her room and tried to find something nice that she could wear, but she didn't have much to work with, most of her clothes were jeans, t-shirts and jackets. Nicole them remembered that before she moved in with her two best friends her mom gave her a box of her dress clothes that she never wore. She ran to her closet and their it was untouched, she then placed the box and opened it up. The first thing she saw was a note in her moms hand writing that said "Finally you're wearing something other then jeans and a t-shirt you are going to look beautiful in what ever you decided to wear- Love Mom" she smiled and put the note on her dresser, she then began to look through the box. After about five minutes of searching she found a short sleeve dark blue dress shirt and a black skirt "This is perfect" she said smiling. Nicole then noticed something inside the box, it was a small jewelry box that had her name engraved on it. She opened it and found a pair of diamond earrings and a note. "Thanks mom" she said but as she read the note she realized that they weren't from her mom. "My dearest niece, I was going to give you these for christmas but Im probably not going to make it to christmas -Nicole began to cry- I know that this is going to be hard on everyone especially you, you were always my favorite niece (don't tell the others). I wanted to give you something that you will always remember me by and not just give you $50 and say Merry Christmas to you. So i got you these diamond earrings, don't worry about how much they must have cost me, family has no price. I wish I could be their today to see how much you've grown up and how much of a beautiful young woman you have become-by then Nicole was crying a river- but don't worry I'm still with you always- Love Aunt Janet, P.S. Your Uncle put $50 in the box, thats his gift to you, now your $50 richer! Nicole smiled a little then pulled out the money from the small box and said "Thanks Uncle Matt."