Chapter 16

Nicole woke up to little "Hercules" licking her face. "Good morning "Hercules." Nicole said. Nicole then got out of bed and got ready for the day, almost forgetting to put her engagement ring on. Nicole's phone then rang, it was her Mother. "Hi Mom" Nicole said. "Nicole Madison you said you would call me when you got the package and you didn't!" He mother yelled. "Oh I forgot mom Im so sorry and wait how do you know?" she asked her mom. "Go to the Kitchen" her mom told her. "What?" she asked. Her mom just hanged up. "Ok lets go to the kitchen." Nicole said. She walked into the kitchen and found her Mother, Father, her two sisters and her grandparents. Nicole was speechless and began to cry. "Oh Nicole sweetie don't cry" her mom said getting up and giving her daughter a hug. "Ive missed you all so much" Nicole said still crying. "And we missed you" her father said. Just then Nicole's younger sister noticed the ring on her sisters finger. "Nicole whats this?" she asked her sister pointing to her engagement ring. "Oh my ring" Nicole said. "Ring?" her mom asked. "Are you engaged?" her parents asked her. Nicole was silent for a moment but then she realized that they had to know, they had a right to know their daughter was getting married. "Yes Mom, Dad... Im engaged" she told them. "TO WHO" her mom asked her. "Okieriete Onaodowan" she told them. "Oak?" her father asked her. "Yes" she told him. "Oh we're so happy for you!" her mom told her. "You are?" she asked. "Yes, we couldn't think of you marrying anyone else" her father told her. "I couldn't believe it when he called me and asked for our blessing two days ago" he added. "He called you guys?" Nicole asked her parents. "Yeah, he wanted to make sure he had our blessing before as he put it "Asked for our beautiful daughters hand in marriage" and we gave him our blessing not even a moment after that" her mom told her. Nicole and her family talked about the wedding for about 5 minutes before Nicole said "I should talk about this with Oak first, he is the man I'm going to be marring" she told them. "Alright, maybe we should all go out to lunch so we can discuss it together" her grandmother said.

"Oh I would love that but I would like to talk about this first with Oak" she told her grandmother. "But aren't we all going to be apart of the wedding?' she asked her granddaughter. "Yes but.." Nicole was cut off by her grandmother. "Then we should all be present when you two talk about it" she told Nicole. Nicole got mad, she wanted to plan this with Oak, this was her special day and her grandmother was taking that away from her. Nicole was about to say something but her older sister beat her to it. "Grandma she said she wants to plan HER special day with her future husband, this is her wedding NOT YOURS!" her older sister yelled. "But we should all be part of planing this special day." Her grandmother fired back. Nicole spoke up "And you will just not right now, their are a lot of things I want to plan with Oak and just Oak, so please for the love of all things good in the world just LET ME PLAN MY OWN WEDDING, ILL ASK FOR YOUR HELP IF I NEED IT!!" she told her grandmother. "Fine, if thats the way to want it, then I won't be going" her grandmother told her. "What?" Nicole said. "You heard me, if you are going to treat me with disrespect then Im not going to your wedding" she told Nicole. "Mom you're acting like a child" her mother told her. "She has no idea how to plan a wedding she needs help!" her grandmother yelled. "I know that I haven't any idea on how to plan a wedding but that is why I said if I need your help ill ask you" Nicole told her. "No you won't, you do whatever you think is right, you know I was never for you moving in with those two girls." she told her. Now Nicole was pissed. "Those two girls are my best friends" she told her with anger in her voice. "I never liked them" her grandmother fired back. That was the last straw, Nicole was done.

"Get out!" Nicole yelled. "Excuse me?' her grandmother asked. "You heard me! Get out and you are not invited to my wedding, you only care about yourself and thats it, this is my life! I make my own decision, Now get out of my apartment!" she yelled at her. "Fine if thats the way you treat your family, come on Amanda" she said to her daughter. "No Im staying" she said to her mother. "No you aren't, come now" she told her daughter. "Im not a dog mom, Im a adult, and if you cant see that you are fighting a losing battle then YOU need to leave" she told her mother. "Fine" she said as she stormed out with her husband behind her. He then turned around and gave Nicole a quick hug saying "Im so sorry for her, Ill still be their" he told her. "I wouldn't have it another way grandpa" she told her grandfather. He then walked out. Nicole then started to get upset, weddings are supposed to be happy but thanks to her controlling grandmother she was upset and anything but happy, she needed Oak. "Guys Im going to see Oak, ill be back later just make yourself at home and please stay out of my room'' she told them (Emma had a "habit" of going into her room and taking her stuff without her permission when they were younger). "Alright" they said. Nicole put on her sneakers, texted Oak that she was coming over and left.