Calendar Talk

be still calendar on the wall, don't remind me that she is gone.

month and numbers don't be cheeky with your big letters glowing in the darkness.

be fearful of my hands, they hold the power to destroy you.

i could rip out your feather light pages one by one.

each tear would be a cry out of bruises matching the heart of which i am left holding.

timekeeper of days hide yourself in your shadows, stay in the darkness until tomorrow.

every day after today will be better. 

leading up to the celebration of the day she left, bring me that day with firecrackers on your lips.

let's dance to the sounds of her staying away forever.

today all the sounds are like she is staying, false hope of forever and days beyond that even.

in a well of grungy poison waters we spoke nothing, leading to something I want to forget.

be still calendar on the wall, you are one fingernail short of going in the trashcan.

don't you dare proudly proclaim this day as something special.

just mesh with the days coming soon, as an oil painting blending the sunrise with the trees.

in the end you will get blotched out with bleached, rewrote into a new year calendar.

you will be erased then we both will start over.

tomorrow is my  new year, beginning a future where the past won't hurt me.

today is the present, a gift I don't want to keep, I would rather exchange it for next month.

stuck in the past these twenty some hours left a reminder of the beginning of change,

calendar take the present back and turn it into tomorrow, exchange it cause it doesn't fit me anymore.