Wars Among Savages

Our love was a war among the most savage predator, beasts of conspicuous nothings.

they will come for us, the TIGERS with the sun painted black and orange lightning bolted arms.

they will sharpen their claws on the roots of our carved love upon the barks of our trees.

with whiskers mapping out a new territory of our possessions.

these TIGERS are predators who breathe out savage disrespect for all of us who have no electric markings etching our skins.

Quiet a word unlearned, so they don't recognize it exists, or understand thinking over speaking.

they will pounce noisily from the rain soaked grasses, roaring with a high pitched lion mouth,

covered in lizard tongues they will roam over lands bought and traded for centuries ago.

traded in name of the golden arches, respected by both creatures and man.

TIGER does not remember or chooses to easily forget, our land is a gift given to us yet we choose to share it with the creatures of which is not owed its beauty. 

Disrespectful savages, they won't give up, even when the dawn recedes into the moons.

we won't give in to our pride's injuries, deep down a message of we will survive.

we have each other, they live one by one alone in love but not together. 

so after being attacked by a war we are defending not ending,

we lick each other's wounds, healing each other, waiting in the grasses they pounced from earlier.

waiting for the last strength of their's to be depleted from their body, 

then we will strike them down with tears in our eyes, victors of mercy.

because although we are beasts, we are not savages.

in our hearts lives a quiet respect, a place where we all can live.

together peacefully we could have been side by side, if only the savages had been a bit more human instead of selfish beasts.