Forgetting The Pipe

I made too many mistakes, like a snowman out of regrets I can list them as I build it out of my icy thoughts.

the buttons, carrots, scarf, hat, all that was bought with my intention of seeing you for what I wanted you to be not what you were.

so I gathered all the materials, made three snowballs of different sizes to create the body, 

four years ago was on the bottom, last spring was the middle, and the smallest snowball was called the future.

I was rebuilding my heart inside this snowman of my winter wonderlands.

put boots on his feet with my hopes that I still dream. They are made of rubber cause sometimes they bounce back at me when I am walking too fast.

put the big buttons on the middle, they were different colors cause last spring I wasn't one but many hues of darkness. Auburn, Ebony, Cocoa, and Burnt Marigold. Four buttons.

put the little buttons forming a plastic smile on the snowman's face, carrot for his nose with the green part sticking only half way in cause I am still a beginner at this thing called creations.

as I put the top hat on the snowman's head I notice something is missing,

the pipe, for his mouth! I run out to buy one cause my old one was lost.

when I get back home, rush to the front yard the sun is so bright and my snowman is gone.

He melted, just like my  heart that beats with new fresh warmth.

the future didn't disappear, it just began while I was waiting in line to finish my snowman.