Chapter 36-Reasons

Blake left me from the hug after quiet a long time and then barked some orders at Erik regarding security. He said he is going to be with me 24/7. Like I care. I moved past him and Blake called after me but I didn't respond. I want to eat something. A pizza sounds nice. Let us see what is there downstairs. I went down and searched in the fridge there were chocolates as usual. Though I love chocolates I am not in the mood for them now. But something is better than nothing right? These royal don't have anything like leftovers in the fridge. They have chefs here who will make things at any time of the day or night at a single word.

"Do you want to eat something?" Blake asked me.

Yes, a pizza would be very awesome now but I am not talking to you so I am not telling you. I sat at the dinning table ignoring him and opened the wrapper to eat. I expected him to come over and sit but he went to the counter and started.... cooking? He can cook? I observed him, his hands moved like magic, very smooth, clean and fast. In ten minutes there was a pizza before me.

Internally I was shocked though I am looking at it blankly. How did he know I wanted pizza and moreover how could a pizza be done in ten minutes. It is looking very good too. There was something like a soup in the other bowl too. Both of them looks pretty good, looks like made in a grand hotel. He knows how to cook. Now that I think about he did mention something about learning various skills and mastering them in all over the years. May be cooking was one of them.

"I know that you love pizza, so I made it. In case you have some digestion problems I made a soup too since you didn't eat for a week." He sat in beside me and I felt a little pang in my heart remembering the olden days. He would always make me sit in his lap. Initially I would make a fuss about it but I finally end up eating in his lap. I shook my head to clear all these thoughts about the past life which is going to be nothing but a dream.

I started eating the pizza which is as wonderful as it looked. Much better than any pizza I ever had. May be it is his cooking or because I was starving. Either way I enjoyed it. Good thing. Soup is also good, not plain but thick just like I love.

"Why are you acting cold towards me?" I looked up into his eyes with a sharp glare.

Is there any need to ask that question. It is quite clear why I am acting like this and what right does he have to ask me this question when he was the first one to act cold towards me. I clenched my hands tightly and resumed eating.

"If this is about what happened in the mall then I am sorry."

Of course it is but your mere sorry is not enough to fix my broken heart. Just then I saw Barone descending downstairs, a worried expression on his usually stoic face.

"What happened to make you ever stoic face to some show expression?" I asked him which seemed to startle him.

"Your highness." He bowed. I am no longer your highness since your prince doesn't want me. I wanted to say it out loud but kept quiet. "I heard that you came out of the room. I am happy to see you, your highness." I wanted to chuckle at his antics. He is truly a butler at heart. I settled with nodding at him and gestured him to come near.

"I believe you were in the dungeons for a long time."

"Yes, your highness."

"Do you know of their motives?"

"No, your highness."

"Why were you kidnapped?"

"My mate is a very rebellious one. Wolf kingdom is near to the Onhem forests and she wanted to venture in there for adventure. I opposed the idea but she went there unknown to me. When I came to know of it I immediately ran there in search of her but it was already late. She was killed before me and I was captured to join them. The torture they do was to make us join them. Some people give in after the torture period and they will join as a part of silver moon assassins. It is either die or give in and join them. I was kept for a longer time because I was a strong warrior and they thought I will be useful to them. But before they could continue further torturing me to death I was fortunately rescued by your highness."