Chapter 38-Struggle

"Yes." He said confirming my doubts. "The war will start soon. The arrangements are ready. It will be very soon."

He is really crazy. Who starts war for this kind of reason? War is not a joke. It will involve the lives of many people, innocent people at that. People will lose their mates and children their parents. It would cause a great loss. I can't deal with it. Especially with me being the main reason, may be partially since his love is for Patrica but I will believe it will counted in my account.

In human world there's a saying women, wine and wealth are the main reasons for war and I see that it is applicable to the supernatural world too. I read about Helen being the reason for war and in human history it's a big war and lasted for around 21 years but then this is a supernatural war. The level of loss and the duration of war will be much longer and much harsher.

If Helen's husband left it like that and realized that the war is going to be for nothing it would have saved many lives. In the same passion if he realizes the truth everyone would be happy. I don't know about my happiness but I really don't want to see bloodshed. Innocent people, people in no way involved with Patrica or me will be dead. Because it involves Royalty and power, things no longer stay between two people, it is not just an issue between two people but becomes the issue of realms, the entire supernatural world.

"No please don't do that! Many innocent people will die in the war. Isn't that how Patrica died? She died saving a kid from being harmed in the war. Why are you trying to kill the same innocent people she wanted to save? I believe she wanted to save as many lives as possible even if it costs her life. Then why are you, who claim to love her, trying to kill the same people she wanted to save. If you really loved her you would try to keep this world a safe place. You won't start a war." I said opening my mouth.

If I keep quiet even now for my own safety knowing that lives will be lost there won't be another human worse than me. I can't stay quiet without trying. The probability to change him might be low but I have to try my luck. Many lost their lives in the old historic war and if another war arises now I can't even imagine how much disaster it will bring upon. If there is anything I can do, I will.

"Don't worry. I know that! I can't do that to my Patrica. That's why I waited these many years. I have to wait for hundreds of years to not involve innocent people. You need not worry. You are just like her, very kind." He said smiling. I really wanted to ask if it is really the time to smile and have a chitchat.

"No one will know what's happening. They won't know what hit them. It will be all over in a blink. None will lose their unless it is absolutely necessary. Only the royal will lose their life. They, their families and anyone who might rise against Silver moon assassins will be dead. I will abolish this royalty and bring a fair rule to this world."

I think the present Royalty are ruling fairly. They are ruling very justly and no major complaints heard about them. What is he talking about? Patrica was with Charles because he was her mate. He didn't have her because he is a royal prince. How twisted can you think?

"First we will start with our current problem." He smirked that bone chilling smirk and the evil glint in his eyes will forever haunt me in my dreams.

"What..what do you mean?" I asked horrified regarding what his words might imply.

"What I mean is princess we will start with that vampire prince who is currently between us. Don't worry! He will be dead by this time tomorrow." He said leaving the room and me in a shocked stupor.

He is joking right? It can't really happen. What did he plan? He can't be seriously saying such things without planning something. What did he plan? How can he leave just like that after releasing such a bomb. I went to the door and no matter how much I banged none responded. I sat there at the door not knowing what to do.