new beginnings

"Cam," I whine, holding onto his hand. "Can't you stay home today?"

"Baby, I wish I could but I just started and it'll look bad if I take a day off." Cameron, my boyfriend of over three years lifts my hand up and kisses it. "I'll be home later."

"Okay." I nod, sitting up. I don't have work today, but Cameron has to go. He walks out of our living room, and picks up his coat. "I love you."

"I love you more." He smiles and walks out the front door.

I suddenly feel extremely nauseous and I run to the bathroom and lean over the toilet, throwing up the breakfast I just ate. I stand and clean myself up, washing my face and brushing my teeth.

I glance over at the small seashell designed clock that shows the date and time.

7:08 AM
20th of November

My heart drops and my eyes widen.
I'm three weeks late. I didn't even realize, but now the fact that I have been throwing up in the morning makes much more sense.

My palms get sweaty and I wipe them on my pajama pants, something I do when I'm nervous.

I call Sierra, Cameron's sister because we're extremely close friends. In fact, Sierra introduced me to Cameron.

We talk on the phone and I explain how I'm three weeks late and how I've been throwing up in the mornings, and she says that she'll pick up a test and be right over.

I sit in the living room, trying not to cry.
Sierra rings the doorbell and I open the door for her, letting her in.

"Oh, Y/N." she embraces me and holds me, comforting me. "It'll be okay."

I just sniffle and swallow the lump in my throat.

"Here, take these." She hands me a few tests from different brands. "I'll be waiting out here."

I nod, and take them with shaky hands, walking back into the bathroom where I was ten minutes ago. I wait a while and slowly get up, walking over to check them.

I read the three tests and my heart drops again as I cover my mouth with my shaky hand.

All three are positive.

"Sierra." I call out for her, my voice cracking.

She runs in and sees them, looking up into my eyes.

"Cameron's gonna leave me..." I fall down into a crying heap on the floor, sobbing. "He's gonna leave, Sierra."

"No he won't, honey." She sits down next to me. "He loves kids! And he loves you!"

"But we're so young. He just started his job, he can't have this stress! We're not even married! We can't raise a baby." I sob, feeling sick again.

"Y/N, you guys will be okay!" She squeezes my shoulders. "You guys have gotten through more than most married couples do."

Sierra gets a call and she answers it.

"Listen, I have to go to work. Please don't do anything stupid. You'll be okay, Y/N." She hugs me and more tears roll down my face.

Sierra leaves and I sit on the living room couch, thinking for a while.

I keep rethinking the scene of how it'll go when Cameron finds out and leaves me.

I clean all of the first floor and our bedroom. I also decide to use Gina's recipe and make chicken enchiladas for Cameron, thinking that making his favorite dinner might soften the blow of the bad news.
By the time I'm done, I hear Cameron come inside, making my heart drop again.

"Hey, baby doll." Cam walks in, loosening his tie. "Mmm, you made chicken enchiladas?"

"Yup." I say quickly, nodding.

"How was your day?" Cam wraps his arms around my waist from behind as I continue to cook. He kisses behind my ear a few times, rocking me back and forth gently.

"Uh, it was okay. I cleaned the house." I lie and try to sound happy, not wanting to tell him the news yet. "How was yours?"

"Mine was good, I had a few meetings and I found out some good news!" He smiles, turning me around so I'm facing him. "Wanna hear it?"

"Sure." I smile, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I got a raise at work!" Cam grins, squeezing my waist. "Even though I've only been there for a few months, they really like me and they think I deserve more money!"

"That's great, babe!" I grin and kiss his cheek. "Who wouldn't like you?"

"Ready to eat?" I ask, taking the pan off of the heat.

"Yes, I'm starving." Cam nods, sitting down. "Thank you again!"

"It's no big deal." I shake my head, swallowing hard.

I serve him his dinner and give myself a little bit. I stay quiet, focused on my dinner plate, picking at the food.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Cameron tilts his head.

I nod, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"Are you sure?" Cam stops eating and holds my hand from across the table. "You look pale, you're quiet, and you're shaking."

I simply shake my head and let the tears fall. I pull my hand from his and cover my face, sobbing.

I hear Cameron get up from his chair and rush over. He kneels next to me and places his hand on my knee.

"Hey, hey, hey... it's okay... c'mere." He pulls me up from the chair, carrying me bridal style into the living room.

"What's wrong, baby doll?" He rocks me and rubs my back. I sob harder, nearly making myself sick. "Shh... calm down."

"I don't want to tell you." I choke out in between sobs.

"Y/N, you can tell me anything, you know that." Cam rubs my back.

I shake my head and rock back and forth. My fingers have pins and needles which is only something that happens when I have bad anxiety.

After about ten minutes of Cameron trying to calm me down, I calm down enough to string together sentences.

"I'm..." I sigh, wiping my tears. "I'm pregnant, Cam. I'm pregnant a-and you're gonna leave me. I'm sorry." I sob and stand, trying to run away upstairs.

"Y/N! Y/N wait!" He gently grabs my wrist, smiling. "I'm not mad! I'm happy, babe!"

"Y-you're not... You're not mad?" I look up through my tears, sniffling.

"Of course not! You really thought I'd leave you?" He looks at me sadly, holding onto my hand.

"It's just... we're so young... and we're not married and your job just started." I sniffle, wiping tears on my face.

"All that stuff doesn't matter! You're pregnant... we're pregnant, babe." He leans down and kisses my stomach. "I'm gonna be there by your side through the entire pregnancy and I will be this child's father. I would never leave you."

"I love you." I cry out, smiling and laughing.

"I love you more, precious." He stands and kisses me, holding my small frame in his large embrace. "And I love you too." Cam places his hand on my stomach, smiling.

A/N

Aww, cute chapter!
Hope you guys enjoyed!
Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes etc.