our love

"Y/N, stop yelling." Cameron's tired voice seeps into the tension filled room. His tie hangs loosely around his neck, his dress shirt is unbuttoned a little bit, showing the white t-shirt underneath. Cameron runs his fingers through his hair before rubbing his temples.

"Stop yelling? How do you expect me to stop yelling?" I ignore my throbbing headache, staring angrily at my husband "We have to make conscious decisions, Cameron! We're not twenty years old anymore!"

"It was for my happiness!" He raises his voice, too. I cringe slightly but try to hide it. There is nothing I hate more than hearing Cameron yell... especially at me. "Do you not care about that at all? Does my happiness not matter to you at all?"

"Of course I do! Of course your happiness matters! But we have bills to pay. Food to buy. We have a family Cameron!" I shake my head, rubbing my temples. "Couldn't you just wait until you found work at a different job before you decided to quit?"

"It's not that simple, Y/N!" He stands from the bed, his voice cracking slightly as he yells loudly. "Why can't you understand that?"

"You could've told me, Cameron! I had no warning! How am I supposed to handle news like that?" I yell even louder and I swear I can feel the heat radiating off my skin.

"Momma?" I hear my daughter's voice from behind me. I see Cameron's angry eyes soften as they dart over to our small daughters. I shut my eyes, letting out a breath.

"Yes?" I sigh and turn, bending down to my eight year old's level. I realize there are tears on her cheeks and in her eyes. "Oh, honey... Why are you crying?"

"Are you and daddy getting a divorce?" Her small voice shakes and I pick her up, holding her in my arms. I look forward and my eyes meet Cameron's sad ones.

"No, baby, why would you think that?" I sit down next to her on the bed and Cameron sits on the other side of her.

"Well, kids at school said that when people don't love each other anymore, they get divorced." She explains, looking at both of us. My eyes glance up at Cameron's and I look back down to our daughter.

"What? Momma and I still love each other very much... why would you think that we don't?" Cameron takes her small hand in his big one and I take a shaky breath.

"Well, it seems like you guys are always fighting and yelling." She focuses on the floor. "And if you aren't happy, you don't love each other. And if you don't love each other, you get divorced."

A tear rolls down my cheek and Cameron looks at me sadly.

"We may disagree sometimes, but we still love each other very much. I know that's hard for you to understand right now, but you will one day." Cameron explains, stroking her dark hair. Our daughter definitely takes on his features, having both dark hair and eyes. She has his tanner skin color, but the shape of her nose and mouth take on my own features. Cameron takes a breath. "Let's get you to bed, okay?"

She nods, turning towards me. Her tiny arms wrap around me and I hug her tight.
"I love you so much. And I love your dad a lot, too."

She nods and Cameron picks her up, carrying her to down the hallway and into her bedroom.

About five minutes later, my husband comes back into our room, sitting next to me.

"When did we let it get to this?" I sniffle, feeling the tears roll down. "Our eight year old daughter thinks we're getting divorced."

"Eight year olds think a lot of things, baby." Cameron's voice speaks softly and I freeze. That's the first time he's called me anything besides my name in a very long time. "It doesn't make them true... I love you so much and nothing will ever change that."

"I love you." I sob, scooting into his lap as I wrap my arms around his waist. His arms wrap around my back and he holds me close. "I love you so much. Your happiness means so much to me and I'm sorry I got so upset."

"I love you too... it's okay, we're fine... shh, don't cry." We lay down and I rest my head on Cameron's chest, staring at the ceiling fan's continuously spinning blades. "We'll get through it."

Cameron's words settle in my brain and I realize our love is stronger than any materialistic item in the world, even money. It has gotten us through so much more than expected, and our love will continue to get us through so many things for the rest of our lives together.

A/N

Cute chapter!
I've been so so busy lately, I haven't really had time to write, I'm sorry!
Imagines might be a little slow for the next week or two, but I'll try my hardest to give you guys good quality chapters often!
Sorry for any spelling/ grammar mistakes etc.!