forever

I come to my senses and open my eyes, looking around the room. I flip my body over slowly, trying not to wake my boyfriend lying beside me.

I fail at my efforts to keep him sleeping and he stirs, his sleepy eyes looking into mine.

"Good morning." He reaches down, intertwining our fingers.

I smile at him and cuddle into his chest, my smile fading when he can't see my face anymore. I feel my heart ache when I realize that he will be leaving for a trip to Italy today. He is going there for his modeling job with Dolce and Gabbana, to meet with his overseas management team, and to plan his upcoming tour. I clear my throat to get rid of the lump that lies there, about to make my eyes water.

"Let's go downstairs." I squeeze his hand and pull myself out of bed, slipping on sweatpants and a sweatshirt. I lazily slump down the stairs and he follows me, yawning.

"Do you want breakfast?" I ask, walking into the kitchen.

"Yeah, I'll make it." He grins and kisses my cheek and I nod, sitting at the counter and simply watch him.

He pours the pancake batter onto the griddle, flipping it after a few moments.

After about ten minutes, the sweet smell of cooking pancakes comes into vision as he places a plate of steaming pancakes before me.

I wait for his breakfast to be done and he sits beside me, beginning to eat.

I eat a small portion of my breakfast, not having an appetite. I push my unfinished food into the garbage and sit back down next to Cameron.

"Were the pancakes really that bad?" He asks, laughing slightly.

"No, they were good!" I place my hand on his. "I'm just not hungry."

"Y/N, you can't do this when I leave. I'll be gone for a while and you're already perfect. I want to come back to you after a few months, but there won't be much of you left if you stop eating." He rubs my shoulder and I shake my head.

I slip past him and sit on the couch, flipping through the television channels.

"Y/N..." he calls after me, sitting beside me.

"Cam, I'm fine." I shake my head, smiling at him.

"Y/N, I know you don't eat when you're upset." Cam pulls me onto his lap and I avoid his eyes. "Do you want to talk to me about it?"

"I don't want you to leave." I whisper, staring down at my lap.

"What? I can't hear you, princess." He tucks my hair back behind my ear.

"I don't want you to leave, Cam." I speak louder, still avoiding eye contact. "In three short hours, we'll have to go upstairs and pack, and then I'll have to drive you to the airport, and then I'll watch your plane take off... and you'll be gone."

"Oh, Y/N, I'm sorry you're so sad over this." Cam squeezes my shoulders and kisses the top of my head. "It's only a month and two weeks. I'll be back in August."

"That's the whole summer, Cam." I whine and look up at him, feeling guilty for making him feel bad about his career. "I know you can't change anything, it just sucks."

"You know that I'd take you with me if I could." He speaks softly. I nod, looking away from his eyes.

After a few hours, we go upstairs and Cameron begins to pack. He takes his giant suitcase out from the closet and I stare at the big black lump of material, frowning.

Cameron turns and goes into his closet to get clothes. I crawl over and climb into his suitcase, curling myself up into a ball.

Cameron comes back over and laughs when he sees me, looking down at me sadly. He caresses my face with his fingertips and I tilt my head, resting my face in his palm.

"Y/N, you know I'd take you with me if I could." Cameron laughs and lifts me up. I wrap my legs around his waist, pouting.

"Please don't go, Cameron." I whisper and squeeze him tighter.

"I'll be back. I'll FaceTime you every night, okay?" He looks into my eyes and I nod before he sets me down on the bed. He looks at me for a moment before his face brightens. "I forgot to give you something!"

I roll over onto my stomach as he walks away towards his closet. He pulls out a small box, and takes two silver bracelets out.

"What are these?" I ask as he places one of them in my hand. It is a silver bracelet, thin and lightweight. I turn it over and see the word 'forever' engraved on it.

"I got two of them, one for me, and one for you." Cameron smiles, placing it on my wrist. He puts his on and takes my hand in his. "If you're sad when I'm gone, just run your finger across the word and think of me... it'll connect us even though we're overseas."

I smile and hug him. "Thank you, Cameron. I love you."

"I love you too." He responds, rubbing my back. "Forever."

A/N

Hope you enjoyed!
Have a good day
Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes etc.