piano

Cameron's POV

I push the shiny key into the door and walk into the condo I share with my girlfriend, Y/N.

"Y/N?" I call out, tossing my keys onto the counter. "Are you home, babe?"

I listen for a response and I furrow my brow when I hear the faint sounds of a piano coming from upstairs.

I jog up the stairs, listening closer. I hear beautiful singing that can only be coming from Y/N.

She left the door open slightly so I creak the door open slowly, my girlfriend not hearing me from being in her musical trance.

She sits at her keyboard that she swore to me was broken, even though she always refused to get rid of the electrical instrument, not telling me why.

Once she finishes the song I decide to speak.

"I knew that thing wasn't broken." I grin at my girlfriend and lean against the doorframe. She quickly backs away from the piano, her cheeks turning pink.

"When did you get home? I thought you were coming home later." Y/N speaks quickly, obviously embarrassed.

"They cut shooting early today, the director's kids were sick." I shrug, referring to the movie I'm filming for.

She nods, backing away from the keyboard as if it's poisonous.

"Are we just not gonna talk about the fact that I just heard your amazing talent?" I raise my eyebrows at her, speaking truthfully, and she shakes her head. "I heard you singing, babe. It was really good."

Y/N stays silent, smiling while she looks down at the floor.

"Why'd you hide that from me?" I question, tilting my head. "You told me that keyboard was broken and that you couldn't play or sing and that it was just for show. Why?"

"I don't know," Y/N shrugs, glancing up at me. "I've never liked playing for people, even my parents."

"Can you sing some more?" I ask, making her look up at me and she shakes her head. "Please, for me?"

"I'm embarrassed." She whines and I laugh, walking over to her. I wrap my arms around her and hold her in my arms while she looks up at me.

I ask again and she shakes her head. I decide to pick her up and I carry her over to the bench, sitting her down on my lap.

"Fine, I'll sing." Y/N gives in, laughing. "But you can't make fun of me and you can't lie and say I'm good if I'm not, okay?"

"Okay." I smile and nod. I lean my chin on her shoulder, looking in front of her body to watch her hands play the piano. I run my hands up and down her sides quickly, encouraging her.

She begins to play and sing a familiar song. I smile and shut my eyes, listening to her beautiful voice bring back so many memories.

Y/N is currently playing what we refer to as "our song." It has coincidentally been playing during a lot of milestones throughout our relationship. It played in the car during our first kiss, in the restaurant for our one year anniversary, and even in the realtor's office when we decided to move into our condo together.

That song quickly became the soundtrack to our relationship, helping us dance through the up's and down's of our love.
She finishes and looks back at me timidly.

"Baby, that was so beautiful." I say truthfully, squeezing her tightly. "I love hearing our song, especially when you're singing it."

"Thank you, Cam." She blushes, kissing my cheek. "You're not lying?"

"Definitely not." I laugh and attack her face with kisses, making her shriek and laugh. "I'm gonna make you play every single day now."

Y/N rolls her eyes and laughs, pecking my cheek.

A/N

I hope you enjoyed!
Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes etc.!