beach football

"Go down to the beach, honey!" My mom suggests, smiling hopefully at me. "Maybe you'll meet some new friends!"

I roll over on our new leather couch and look up at her from my phone screen.

I've just moved to California from Florida in the middle of the summer and I have no friends here.
She nods again and I groan, standing.

I jog upstairs and walk into my new room, which has windows from the ceiling to the floor on two of the walls, allowing me to see the sun shining through the swaying palm trees.

I find a bikini and change, pulling on a coverup.

I walk back downstairs and grab a beach towel and my headphones.

"Do you want me to drive you, Y/N?" My mom asks. "Venice beach is a pretty far car ride."

I shake my head, saying goodbye to my mom.

I walk outside and hop into my car, driving down the road.

About an hour later, I arrive at Venice beach.

I get out of my car and walk down to the beach, finding an empty spot on the sand which is coincidentally near a group of guys that look my age.

I lay my towel out and set myself down on it, placing my headphones in my ears.

I turn up the volume to my music, tapping my fingers on the soft sand to the beat.

About ten minutes later, I see a shadow cross over my vision through my eyelids. I open my eyes and look up, seeing a shirtless boy above me.

I sit up and see that the other boys that were playing football earlier are staring at me too. I take my headphones out and stare up at the tan brunette boy.
"Am I in your way?" I stand up, beginning to pick up my towel. "I can move."

"No, no, no." He shakes his head, touching my wrist softly. "We just wanted you to come play football with us."

"He thinks you're hot!" I hear one of the boys shout and the boy next to me glares at them, blushing.

"I'm Cameron. You are?" He asks, looking over at me

"Y/N." I nod, smiling up at him.

"That's a really pretty name." Cameron grins, making me blush a little bit. "Where are you from?"

"Los Angeles." I nod, kicking the sand a bit.

"I live there too!" The boy exclaims, showing a rather breathtaking smile. "Why haven't I seen you?"

"I just moved here last week."

"Oh, really?" He looks down at me. "From where?"

"Florida." I nod.

"Oh, nice!" Cameron nods. "So do you wanna play with us?"

I smile and nod. He leads me over to the boys and introduces me to all of them, educating me that the outspoken boy's name is Chris.

"Do you know how to throw and catch, Y/N?" Cameron asks, tossing the football up and catching it.

I shrug and shake my head shyly, suddenly realizing that this was a bad idea.

"That's okay, I'll show you." He smiles.

"So, you hold it like this." Cameron instructs me, placing his fingers in between the white laces of the football. He hands me the ball and I hold it in my small hand, nodding.

"And you throw it like..." he nods at one of the boys to back up and he shows me, extending the ball backwards and then releasing it, allowing it to whizz through the air and land in the boys hands. "That."

"Aaron, throw it back gently so Y/N can catch it." Cameron shouts and Aaron nods, throwing it in my direction. I catch it in my hands, nearly dropping it.

"That was great, Y/N!" Cameron smiles down at me. "You're a natural."

"Thanks, Cameron." I grin and toss the ball back to him.

I play a game with the boys and later get lunch with them, earning Cameron's phone number and his friendship.

A/N

I hope you enjoyed!
I probably should've posted this in the summer months, but I'm way too excited for beach weather!
Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes etc.!