hidden relationships

"Mrs. Y/L/N, I'm going to the bathroom, could you just tell George that I'll be outside in a little bit?" I hear Cameron speak to my mom downstairs. She responds cheerily and he walks upstairs, tapping his fingertips on my bedroom door. I open it quietly and smile, pulling him inside.

"Hey, babe." Cameron grins and I shut the door. I greet him and connect our lips, loving the way his lips intoxicate me.

We continue to kiss for a few minutes and back up onto my bed, as my legs straddle Cameron's waist.

"Cam... we really... need to go... downstairs..." I mumble in between kisses with my secret boyfriend of six months, Cameron.

"I know... but I'd rather kiss you." Cameron grins and kisses my lips again.

"Are you sure you're ready to tell George about us today?" I ask, referring to telling my brother, who is also Cameron's best friend, about our secret relationship.

"Yeah! Yesterday was our six month anniversary and we couldn't even tell your family... this needs to change. I love you, Y/N. I'm not ashamed of that." Cameron's words melt my heart as we stand from my bed.

"I love you too, I'm just nervous, I guess. Are you sure you don't want me to be there when you tell him?" I squeeze my boyfriend's hand. "He's my brother after all."

"No, it's a guy thing. I'll be fine, baby. He's my best friend, how angry could he get?" Cameron shrugs, kissing my forehead.

We leave and go downstairs, both going into the kitchen.
"Cameron, I think George was looking for you." My mom refers to my brother. "I told him that you were in the bathroom. He said to come to the backyard when you were done."

"Oh, okay. Thank you!" Cameron smiles and glances at my eyes quickly before reverting his eyes back to my mom. I feel nervousness set in, not knowing how my brother is going to react to the news of our relationship.

"Y/N, can you wash the dishes?" My mom asks, grabbing her keys. "I'm going to the food store."

I nod and she leaves the room. I turn my head to the side to see my brother playing basketball by himself outside, waiting for Cameron.

I feel my boyfriend press his lips to my neck as his hands squeeze my hips.
"Are you excited?" Cameron asks, drumming his fingers on my hip. "Soon we won't have to hide our relationship anymore."

"More nervous than excited, if I'm being honest." I laugh nervously and begin to put dishes into the dishwasher.

"Y/N, I'll be fine. He's my best friend, he's not going to kill me or anything." Cameron replies with a laugh, kissing my cheek from behind.

"Cameron, have you ever seen him angry? Like really angry?" I turn and look up into my boyfriend's eyes. He doesn't reply, so I continue. "He gets really loud and violent. Especially when it's a problem that revolves around me. He's very protective of me."

"I'll be okay, I promise." Cam kisses my forehead and rubs my back. "I can defend myself if he hits me." He nods and walks out the back door, going over to where my brother is.

I clean the dishes and glance up from time to time to check on the boys.

I wash the dishes for a while and then when I look up again, it looks as though Cameron just told my brother the news. My heart drops and I turn off the water, wiping my hands on a dish towel.

I see my brother, George, throw the basketball in Cameron's direction. My boyfriend ducks and backs up, but my brother steps forward, pushing his shoulders back.

"You've been sleeping with my little sister for six months and you didn't tell me?" My brother screams at my boyfriend and I drop the dish towel, running outside. "Are you kidding me?"

"George, calm down!" I yell, running over to them.

"Y/N, get out of here," Cameron looks over at me, warning me. "Just let me deal with this."

"Yeah, Y/N, leave before you have to watch me beat the crap out of Cameron." My brother cuts me a nasty glare before shoving Cameron, which makes him stumble and almost fall.

"George, calm down." I reply softly, not wanting to anger him any more.

"Calm down?" George yells as I see the rage in him grow. "You just told me that you've been hiding a relationship from me for six months. You want me to calm down? I thought we were best friends, Cameron!"

"We are best friends! You've been like a brother to me, you know that. We thought it'd be better to tell you after we'd been dating for six months to make sure our feelings were real." Cameron holds his arm out, distancing himself from my brother. "And they are. I'm in love with her, man."

My brother stares at him, his shoulders losing their tenseness a little bit.
"You're in love with him too, Y/N?"

"Yes..." I nod, looking between them and then smiling. "I'm in love with him. We love each other, George."

"Okay, fine. I guess I can't do anything if you're in love." George finally replies. "Do mom and dad know about this?"

"No, don't tell them yet. I want to tell them." I reply, shaking my head. My brother nods and then turns to Cameron.

"You ever hurt her and I swear to god I'll kill you." He bumps into Cameron playfully and he nods and laughs. "But seriously though, I will actually hunt you down and kill you if you lay a hand on her."

Cameron nods quickly and I hug my brother, smiling.

A/N

Hope you enjoyed!
Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes etc.!